• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronaldo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Ronaldo's speed bag

Hi everyone, and thanks for being so helpful
    So finally I own a speed bag setup After many trips to the hardware store and some hours of work here is the result>>

Costs: leather bag €50, Swivel €10 and other materials like €12. The board is from the streets.
    Im glad it turned out to be less ghetto than I thought lol
    Let me know what you guys think and also I´m hitting the bag and I feel is kinda slow, appart from that I am a complete beginner just so you know but I have an MMA background. I´m gonna go hit that thing some more, oh I forgot it's really loud, I think I will have many problems with my neighbours who are actually quite nice.
    Attached Files
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

lookin gurd ronaldo! stick a sand bag on top of it and it should cut out some of the nose and vibration

Comment

• Roscoe
      • May 2006

Ronaldo

Oye Ronaldo, I got some peeps in my family tree from Spain with names like Carlino and Zaragoza and Eloy.

I have a recommendation for you if the noise is too loud for your neighbors.
      You could move your board over to the corner where the two walls meet and maybe add another bracket coming off the extra wall to the front side of your board to make it more sturdy for less vibration and be sure to add a sandbag or two.

Just an idea

Roscoe

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

Roscoe is right, if you put it where the walls meet it should offer more support and even stabilize the front lip which is usually unsturdy. Great work, by the way! In America we call that MacGyvering.

Comment

• ronaldo
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2007

Thanks guys!
          Hey Roscoe it´s good to hear that you have some spanish blood.
          Ypur suggestion is good, but i would lose space on the side and right now I can´t be bothered to put it down and make some more holes
          Im looking forward for a sand bag to reduce noise and vibration; I´ll have to make my own sandbag.

ABOUT the SPEED BAG: I love it, it´s a GREAT aerobic exercise my back and my shoulder muscles are feeling it. As far as technique goes, I have my bag a bit higher than recommended. I do basic stuff, in a fighting stance i do jab and cross mostly. I pumped up my bag with air to the maximum leaving me a fast and hard bag; way too hard I must say, I´v e hurt my knuckles and my hand so bad that Im hitting the bag with my sparring gloves lol.
          Also this afternoon I started for the first time to feel the 'rythm of the bag' and it was awesome. Im planning on using my bag at least half an hour a day. I have a serious knee injury and I need my bag for cardio

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
            • May 2007

I have a close friend that likes to air up the bag to it's fullest to try and smoke it as fast as possible. This same guy has worn out two of my speedbags and has sore hands all the time. I was taught to air it up to where you can push down on it and it gives a little. To each his own. Protege tus manos y tus manos te protegen a ti!

Comment

• ronaldo
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2007

LOL about your friend
              I´m loving the speed but the thick leather is hard like a rock; I might take out some air or buy some gloves that are small and protect a lot. What kind of gloves do you recommend? I was thinking on some UFC kind of gloves...
              Yo me cuido tamien, si no te cuidas tu quien te va a cuidar? THis is something we say in Spain: If you don´t take care of yourself, who will?

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ronaldo View Post
                LOL about your friend
                I´m loving the speed but the thick leather is hard like a rock; I might take out some air or buy some gloves that are small and protect a lot....
                Best thing to protect the contact knuckles is to just let a bit of air out. The bag really needs a little give to it as HMP says.

For Gloves, I prefer the Harbinger #130 classic wrist wrap weight lifting gloves. I love the soft leather over the knuckles that take the bag really well (don't slip) and the wrist wrap also offers a bit of support. Also, no seams over the exact points of contact. Many weight training gloves have a few seams that are directly over a contact point. And after several hundred contacts ( a normal workout...) they really hurt.

Most of the MMA gloves I Have tried just have too much padding over the contact surface, and don't let me feel the bag well. just my opinion, though.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

bonito tu apartamento !! esta en Andalucia no ? Sevilla ? Grenada ? o Malaga ? o Marbella ?

seguro que puedes encontrate un poco de arena por ahi para poner en una bolsa...

te gusta los toros ? es mi pasion !

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                    te gusta los toros ? es mi pasion !

Excúseme para contestar, pero Yo Pasé un verano 1972 en Madrid para estudiar espanol. Yo vi varios bullfights en La plaza de toro's. Me gusta mucho, pero tenía condolencia para el toro.

Ahora yo hablo solamente bastante español para ser un turista, pero me gusta la lengua mucho.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

what is goin on i think im on the spanish speed bag forums again
                      ________
                      COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
                      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                        what is goin on i think im on the spanish speed bag forums again

When things change or don't go well, there's a song we sing here...

Blame Canada! (southpark)

Irreverant but funny.

( it's a Joke...)

jaguiler asked Ronaldo if he liked Bullfights, it's his passion. I said In the summer of 1972 studied spanish in madrid and saw several Bullfights and I felt sympathy for the Bull.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 06-03-2007, 11:19 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          ( it's a Joke...)
                          yea i got it no need to explain lol thats a funny show. it seems like when people make fun of us Canadian we deny it but then the next day the exact thing they made fun of happens. just a funny fact.
                          ________
                          Glass Pipes
                          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                            • May 2007

Buenos nachos

Que gracia! My sobrenombre desde chico es El Torito! My abuelo me dio el nombre por my cabezota y por ser muy peleonero! Tambien soy Tauro y me llamo Arturo, que suena como artoro. Mejor prefiero ser tu amigo que sufrir una espada al lomo! Por cierto, el senor speedbag nunca falla de sorprenderme con su sabiduria!

Nes, sorry about the spanish ey. You're probably saying "what's this aboot?" lol.

Comment

• Kyle
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                              Nes, sorry about the spanish ey. You're probably saying "what's this aboot?" lol.
                              took the words right out of my mouth. if u speak a little French ill be able to understand some.
                              ________
                              thai property in Pattaya
                              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...