X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Rival Precision Speed Bags

How fast is the small Rival leather precision speed bags?

I am looking for speed.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

As for the "new" leather Rivals I can't say. I'm familiar with the older style (original) rival bags. IMO the 8x5 rival is not as fast as the
    8x5 Leone, (which feels to me a bit faster than most of my 8x5 bags).

I was teaching a friend some speed bag the other day at his home and he liked my rival bag so much, I gave it to him. (I'd rather see a bag get used than just sit around in my bag box. )
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Allentown
      • Oct 2010

I have the Leone 5X8. It is fast. One of my favorites.

Comment

• florian 380
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
        I have the Leone 5X8. It is fast. One of my favorites.
        Is the leone faster than the xs atomic
        I think my fastest bag is the xs atomic and for me its pretty fast

Comment

• Allentown
          • Oct 2010

Yes. The Leone is faster. The atomic is fast too but it is very light.

Comment

• florian 380
            • Nov 2012

WOW !!!! then it must be a fast bag the leone but they say its very light ,too

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

The Leone is not as light as the Atomic. And it's bigger. I wish the quality control problems could be resolved with the Leone bag, then I could recommend without hesitation.

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

thats the reason why i still think about if i gonna buy one or not . I dont know if its worth to spend the money . Rather spend it on a 8x5 white fighting sports

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

I like the white Fighting Sports bag, people here have had good luck with them, but mine has a seam that is opening -- it will soon be damaged to the point where it is unusable.

The Title Gold 8x5 seems bullet proof. Ralph, has that bag stood up to your abuse?

Comment

• florian 380
                    • Nov 2012

yeah i know the gold title is a very good bag wanna get me one soon !! but i have the 9x6 black/white fighting sports and the leather is just awesome. is the white one the same ??

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

The white FS has nice leather. It's one of my favorite bags.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        The Leone is not as light as the Atomic. And it's bigger. I wish the quality control problems could be resolved with the Leone bag, then I could recommend without hesitation.

True, the Leone is heavier than the Atomic, and the title classics, 8x5 and 9x6, but the size doesn't adversely affect the rebound. I like it for the larger size, in that there is more surface area to make contact, a bit longer hang under the board for better fist clearance on downward elbow strikes, and it flies off the board as fast as any other I have at the moment.

with the exception perhaps of my aussie "Jim Bradley" bag, that Deano gave me in 2010. I don't know exactly what size it is, closer to large 9x6 or small 10x7, but it's light and F-A-S-T. The speed per size will really fool you at first.

I will still say that no american bag hits like it. The lightness would tell me it just can go that fast, but it do.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                          • Jun 2013

leone

the leone bags are great. light and fast and soft. only problem ihave had is the rivets on the strap holding the loop together.
                          title has 20% off sales all the time and you can get these delivered to your house for $40. not too bad. their customer service has always been good and accomadating.
                          Jimbo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
                            the leone bags are great. light and fast and soft. only problem i have had is the rivets on the strap holding the loop together.
                            title has 20% off sales all the time and you can get these delivered to your house for $40. not too bad. their customer service has always been good and accomadating.
                            I keep waiting for that to happen. I've been pounding mine pretty serious the last few days and not problem yet.

The leone bag is interesting in that is seems a bit faster when it's not as fully inflated as it could be. Lots of times I'll put in a bit of extra air (slightly overinflate) an 8x5 to jump the speed up a bit, which makes the bag harder also. This doesn't seem to work on the Leone. when I overinflate it a bit, it seems slower. Maybe it builds up more compression inside as the bag flattens on the board, the springs off. Not sure why this is, but I find the softer Leone feels a touch faster than my other overinflated 8x5's.

I judge that by hitting to fast music. I may strain to keep up with a song on one bag, and find it easier on another. Right now the Leone is beating them all.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Rhy
                              • Sep 2013

Has anyone tried "Select" make in Canada?

It has a wider bladder than my Cleto Reyes, personally i find the Select to be faster but harder to add in reverse/side punches.. Now could that be due to my technique or do bags like the Select with a fat bladder for just triplet rhythm punching?

Select Sm 6.75"x9"
                              Cleto Reyes xs 5"x8"

Can anyone talk about the size of the loop and if it make's a difference, if you notice the Select bag has a small/shorter loop than The Cleto Reyes.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Rhy; 09-29-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...