• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brower3
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2013

Newbie bag and swivel combo suggestion

I've been slammin on a heavy bag for years and now I've decided to check out a speed bag. Most reviews I read about dept store bags and swivels say the bags fall apart and the swivels have a limited movement or just not smooth and loud. I want to spend about $60.00 to $80.00 bucks on a bag and swivel combo. I can build my own platform. I want to be able to throw some elbows. I need to hear from people that have some experience and knowledge so here I am. Suggestions?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by brower3 View Post
    I've been slammin on a heavy bag for years and now I've decided to check out a speed bag. Most reviews I read about dept store bags and swivels say the bags fall apart and the swivels have a limited movement or just not smooth and loud. I want to spend about $60.00 to $80.00 bucks on a bag and swivel combo. I can build my own platform. I want to be able to throw some elbows. I need to hear from people that have some experience and knowledge so here I am. Suggestions?
    Get a msdeville ballhook swivel and Title speed bag for that price range. They should get you start. I'd suggest the Red 9x6 for a decent starter bag.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

Hello brower3 and welcome. I would stay away from a ubolt or chainlink swivel. The Deville is a great choice. Have fun!

Comment

• brower3
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2013

Thanks guys. I have a Deville on the way and am ordering a Title bag tomorrow. I can't wait to get set up. I'll post pictures asap. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• looster
          • Jul 2012

just my 2 cents -I have bought and used a Deville swivel, it is good equipment.
          However, I use the Everlast U-bolt swivel every day and it is my favorite. I have tried a bunch of different bags, and Everlasts are the best for me. Heavier and with a very short loop, they fit me just fine. I like a larger bag, but the good old black Everlast " gyro balanced " bag is my fave, along with the next larger size.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...