• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thor
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2013

Big Blue ...

Anyone hitting the Title "Big Blue"? I have one ... I would love to hit it but it's nearly damn impossible on my 24" adjustable iBox platform. LOL - I put it on the swivel and the wall my platform is mounted to is now blue from the impacts!

Side to side works - but it's not hitting the drum with the belly part of the bag.

For anyone who uses this bag - what platform are you using?

I think it will take a 30" drum (at least) but looking online ... looks like most 30 inch adjustables are way over $500 chickens. May have to make my own but making it adjustable will be a trick!
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yes, it takes at least a 30" platform, 36" is better. I've rebuilt a couple of platforms to accommadate old school large bags. It can be done, it requires a little reinforcement on the outer edge.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Yes, it takes at least a 30" platform, 36" is better. I've rebuilt a couple of platforms to accommadate old school large bags. It can be done, it requires a little reinforcement on the outer edge.
      I would listen to this man, he knows of what he speaks.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Thor
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2013

Ralph PM'd me - he has a large NOS Ringside that should work on my board.

But I'm still interested in a 30 ... okay well now a 36" drum. I need to think about this ... this speedbagging thing was supposed to be simple and require not too much "gear" ... but now it's getting like my guitars!! LOL

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Thor View Post
          Ralph PM'd me - he has a large NOS Ringside that should work on my board.

But I'm still interested in a 30 ... okay well now a 36" drum. I need to think about this ... this speedbagging thing was supposed to be simple and require not too much "gear" ... but now it's getting like my guitars!! LOL
          Have you considered buying a 30" tabletop round from Home Depot to "sandwich" on to your existing drum? If you have the clearance from the wall… By the way, the Big Blue bag works okay on a 24" square vertical drum. Boy, it's a tough workout. I've tried and can only keep it going for a little while.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Thor
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Have you considered buying a 30" tabletop round from Home Depot to "sandwich" on to your existing drum? If you have the clearance from the wall… By the way, the Big Blue bag works okay on a 24" square vertical drum. Boy, it's a tough workout. I've tried and can only keep it going for a little while.
            I'll check into that Dee!

Vertical drum scares the bejabbers out of me!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...