• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plasticbananer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2013

Nubbie - 1st post

Hey there, just want to introduce myself.... I've had a speed bag hanging in my basement for 26yrs. My brother taught me FSP, FDP, and FCP when he returned from Ranger training in 1983. I used to hit frequently, but slowly drifted away from it. I recently decided to get back into it after cleaning the basement. YouTube searches have led me to the speedbag bible and this forum. Thanks to everyone who has posted - great info! I've upgraded my old everlast 4200 to (3) Cleto Reyes bags. My old home made platform is mounted to my floor joists and shakes the house too much so I have a Baluzs I-Box on order. I had spent some time shopping for the Powermill swivel - found plenty of reviews, but had no luck on how to place an order. I ended up ordering 3 Watkins swivels. Should have the new setup by eow.
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Welcome and enjoy.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
      • Apr 2012

welcome
      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Plasticbananer
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2013

Ventanakaz, I'll check but I think the old one is the gyro. The Cletes bags are large, medium, and I'm waiting for the mini. I also hung an extra large Title on a platform using a 12" rope(from punchdoctor's videos). That one is fun to hit too.

Yeah - I will post pics once everything is set up.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Welcome Plastic Bananer. Always glad to other baggers, new to the forum but old to the bag.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...