• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandwedge
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2013

trying before buying

Are there any real-life stores that sell a variety of speed bags, and better yet let you try them out? I've just been buying speed bags online so far, and am often surprised with the results. There's only one sporting store where I live (that I know of), Dick's Sporting Goods, and they only have one brand & model of speed bag in the whole store.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by vandwedge View Post
    Are there any real-life stores that sell a variety of speed bags, and better yet let you try them out? I've just been buying speed bags online so far, and am often surprised with the results. There's only one sporting store where I live (that I know of), Dick's Sporting Goods, and they only have one brand & model of speed bag in the whole store.
    Hey Vandwedge, I do not know of any location "online" or "brick and mortar" that lets you pick a bag and try it out before you buy. The only location I could think of is either a boxing gym or fitness facility with speed bags, and you could use (try out) the ones they have on whatever swivel is available.

The only way to truly know how a bag feels and reacts is to have one and hit it yourself. Lots of us forum members can post all day long about "this bag" or "that bag" being fast or slow, or whatever... but that is only the opinion of the user, and their opinion is also a reflection of their skill and experience under the board and on different bags. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is the speed and efficiency of individual speed bags. What is "fast" to one member (punching maybe at 120 punches per minute at full force) is slow or just cruising to another on that same bag, so it's hard to really define it.

I do know certain forum members have shared bags with each other, either trading between them or sending one model to another forum member to try. Every once in a while you will see a forum member offer a bag they no longer use to any forum member that may want it. Is this a great place or what?
    Last edited by Speedbag; 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...