• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

new things

Good evening. started working the elbows in. For some reason the d-des seems to be clicking easier than the others. however today I did hit the side of the platform today. Very nice! The other new thing was hitting the swivel while working on chapter 5 doing a rdp. didn't really hurt but jammed my wrist. A big thank you to everyone here. I have done several forums in the past and have never seen such nice people willing to help the new members. Especially Alan. Buying you another lunch! New atomic bag shows up Monday. On the list for a couple Ringside bags as well. The addiction is growing as skills improve.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
    Good evening. started working the elbows in. For some reason the d-des seems to be clicking easier than the others. however today I did hit the side of the platform today. Very nice! The other new thing was hitting the swivel while working on chapter 5 doing a rdp. didn't really hurt but jammed my wrist. A big thank you to everyone here. I have done several forums in the past and have never seen such nice people willing to help the new members. Especially Alan. Buying you another lunch! New atomic bag shows up Monday. On the list for a couple Ringside bags as well. The addiction is growing as skills improve.
    The Downward and Outward "Double" (elbow-fist) always seems pretty easy to get. I think the the Downward Double Elbow Strike (D-DES) is much easy and far more useful the the Downward Single Elbow Strike (D-SES), which is really nothing more than a movement learning action for the downward double, then triple elbow strike (D-TES).

I think you will find the Outward elbows equally easy, especially since the forearm pretty much stays on the same plane as your regular punching, and is often a bit easier if you just turn from the waist a bit to help setup the elbow point to the center of the body.

You must have hit a bit early in the RDP rebound, or had your fists too high to hit the swivel on the Reverse Double.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Marlon
      • Apr 2013

Nice work

Congrats on your progress. The more I learn the more I want to keep going too, but I'm a long way from throwing elbows....I'm up to the reverse stuff & s-l-o-w-l-y getting better at it (nah, I still suck).

I agree 100% about how helpful everyone has been, and Alan's help here has been off the charts.

I think it's a twisted plot designed to get more people hooked on Speed bagging, so their own addictions don't seem quite so bad! HA! We're on to you guys now!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
        Congrats on your progress. The more I learn the more I want to keep going too, but I'm a long way from throwing elbows....I'm up to the reverse stuff & s-l-o-w-l-y getting better at it (nah, I still suck).

I agree 100% about how helpful everyone has been, and Alan's help here has been off the charts.

I think it's a twisted plot designed to get more people hooked on Speed bagging, so their own addictions don't seem quite so bad! HA! We're on to you guys now!
        Busted! now your on to us...
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...