• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

new platform bag and swivel

Hello. Today the pieces came together. A new title 5x8 gold a deville swivel and my new rock solid platform. The bag appears very lopsided. Maybe it will round out. Also this bag hits back a bit more than my first everlast 6x9. I like the everlast better at this point. Maybe once the title breaks in more it will be different.The swivel is nicely consructed but initial testing showed slower. My testing was just a basic punch and counting the number of rebounds...pretty scientific right? My first platform is mounted directly to the ceiling and I have to stand on a platform. The other is dropped and very stout. Switched swivels and bags back and forth today.can hardly lift my arms. One thing for certain. The smaller bag and deville swivel will make me strike with more accuracy and allow me to move forward and advance. All thoughts appreciated.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by swfl View Post
    My testing was just a basic punch and counting the number of rebounds...
    How many rebounds can you get per punch?

Comment

• Jake
      • Mar 2011

Send the bag back!
      I have the same bag, with the same problem. I thought I could beat it into shape. I told myself maybe I was being to fussy. When I got a new FS 5x8 I realized just how bad that lopsided yellow bag is. I was instantly hitting much better, and having more fun. I'll never hit that lopsided bag again.

Comment

• swfl
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2013

When it comes to the number of rebounds the deville is about 5. The everlast swivel about 9. This with the everlast 6x9 bag. The title runs 5 and 7 much stiffer bag and thicker skinned.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

I get 9 rebounds on the Deville with the Cleto Reyes XS bag, 8 rebounds with the super lightweight Title Atomic XXS. What's the temperature where you're bagging?

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Temperature? Hot! Full blown summer here. 90 and sticky. Does anyone check air pressure with a gauge? I am just doing it by feel.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
              Temperature? Hot! Full blown summer here. 90 and sticky. Does anyone check air pressure with a gauge? I am just doing it by feel.
              That probably describes 99.9999% of the baggers I've ever met.

Frankly the guy I knew that always used an air gauge was wound a little tight if you know what I'm saying....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...