• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedball
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2013

New here

HI im new on here I am 28 live in mn and enjoy hitting the speed bag (obviously)
    I started hitting it boxing and was the most pathetic speed bagger ever but with practice I have become ok. I can hit fairly quick now and hope to improve. My bag is an old everlast red leather and it works ok but has started to loose round and my link swivel somtimes kills my angle hits. So I began looking for a new bag and swivel and It led me here. I have watched some vids on here and can see their are some very skill full members here I hope to learn some or the cool techniques I have seen. Also I am looking for a new bag I have an old everlast red leather bag and like the size but would like somthing new because like I say it has lost round any opinions on that and a better swivel would be appreciated thanks primary goal is speed for boxing
    Sent from my mind using telepathy
    Last edited by speedball; 04-12-2013, 08:26 PM.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Welcome Speeball! You sure have found the right place for info. and opinions.
    There are so many bags to choose from, we would need to know what size you like? I personally like a 9x6 or 8x5. Title and Ringside both make nice bags.

You will want to get a ball-hook swivel. Contact Ms. Deville here on the forum, she makes a nice one: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

Check this thread for more info on bags: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4648

Looking forward to seeing some video from you....
    Cheers!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by speedball View Post
      HI im new on here I am 28 live in mn and enjoy hitting the speed bag (obviously)
      I started hitting it boxing and was the most pathetic speed bagger ever but with practice I have become ok. I can hit fairly quick now and hope to improve. My bag is an old everlast red leather and it works ok but has started to loose round and my link swivel somtimes kills my angle hits. So I began looking for a new bag and swivel and It led me here. I have watched some vids on here and can see their are some very skill full members here I hope to learn some or the cool techniques I have seen. Also I am looking for a new bag I have an old everlast red leather bag and like the size but would like somthing new because like I say it has lost round any opinions on that and a better swivel would be appreciated thanks primary goal is speed for boxing
      Oh, you'll fit in well here. Welcome.

Comment

• speedball
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2013

I have an everlast 4214 right now. What ever size that is and I have liked it ok its old and out of round though I think I could go a little smaller but I would like to keep the same general shape and don't want anything real small. Just looking for a good quality replacement. Also everyone on here likes ball swivels and I see that they would allow better movement in all directions but are the going to be a lot slower than other trypes of swivels? I want to get faster for boxing. But also would like to learn some cool styles for fun too. I will post some vid of me hitting the bag when I can but as stated I am not really good and my bag is out of round also the only camera I have is on my phone. And im kinda shy lol

Last edited by speedball; 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• swfl
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2013

Hello speedball and welcome..I am new here as well and have found the members friendly and helpful. Where in mn are you? Lived up there for 37 years. Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...