• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedbagbrad
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2013

Playing coach :)

One of my friends saw me hitting the bag one day and she was incredibly fascinated by it and wanted me to teach her. I'm still pretty amateur, but i took it on board and trained her for a couple of sessions.
    It's incredible how much more i learn myself trying to put together combinations for her practice and in the process have actually come up with a few new moves of my own.

It feels great!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by speedbagbrad View Post
    One of my friends saw me hitting the bag one day and she was incredibly fascinated by it and wanted me to teach her. I'm still pretty amateur, but i took it on board and trained her for a couple of sessions.
    It's incredible how much more i learn myself trying to put together combinations for her practice and in the process have actually come up with a few new moves of my own.

It feels great!
    Welcome to my world....

nice to have another bro under the board, teaching.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jake
      • Mar 2011

My 11 year old Nephew was over the other day. He is playing drums now. I showed him some speed bag videos, and brought him out to the garage to try hitting the bag.

I think he's hooked. My sister called last night and said she got him a 50 dollar board, swivel, bag, and gloves. All for 50 bucks. She said her husband read some bad reviews on what they bought, and they were thinking about returning it.

I told her if they can afford it (they can) they should order the Title Adjustable Platform, and a red 6x9 Title Bag, from Title Boxing.

She said my nephew can't stop talking about speed bags. They're going to set him up a gym.

I think I'm more excited then my nephew. I look forward to teaching him, and seeing him on this Forum!

If the kid gets serious about this, I have a brand new Powermill Evil Swivel sitting on the shelf waiting for him.

Jake
      Last edited by Jake; 03-31-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        My 11 year old Nephew was over the other day. He is playing drums now. I showed him some speed bag videos, and brought him out to the garage to try hitting the bag.

I think he's hooked.

She said my nephew can't stop talking about speed bags. They're going to set him up a gym.

I think I'm more excited then my nephew. I look forward to teaching him, and seeing him on this Forum!

If the kid gets serious about this, I have a brand new Powermill Evil Swivel sitting on the shelf waiting for him.

Jake

This is great, Jake. To be able to engage an 11-year-old in this sport/hobby/addiction is pretty cool. He's lucky to have you as an uncle to inspire and encourage him! He'll be the coolest 5th (6th?) Grader at school!

I can't wait to see some video.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Jake
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          This is great, Jake. To be able to engage an 11-year-old in this sport/hobby/addiction is pretty cool. He's lucky to have you as an uncle to inspire and encourage him! He'll be the coolest 5th (6th?) Grader at school!

I can't wait to see some video.
          Hey Dee, I feel really good about this. My nephew has very smart highly educated parents, but uncle Jake went to the School Of Hard Knocks, and has street smarts.

I think spending time with me will help make him a well rounded kid.

I wonder about posting videos. Is it safe for a kid to post videos? Maybe he can be like the mysterious Ebozyn, and hide his face.

Jake

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            Hey Dee, I feel really good about this. My nephew has very smart highly educated parents, but uncle Jake went to the School Of Hard Knocks, and has street smarts.

I think spending time with me will help make him a well rounded kid.

I wonder about posting videos. Is it safe for a kid to post videos? Maybe he can be like the mysterious Ebozyn, and hide his face.

Jake
            There are hundreds thousands of funny baby and familiy video's showing children on youtube. If there is no direct link to a website or address it would seem very difficult to find your actual physical address of location.

Honestly, Youtube gets over 72 hours of video viewing per minute. It's probably more now, so using that figure you have 4,320 hours of video to watch per hour, and for 24 hours that is 103,680 hours of video viewing uploaded every day. Since every video is only a few minutes long, that is probably over 200-300,000 individual videoclips a day uploaded to youtube. I gotta think it's going to be pretty hard to single out the location of any one.

by the way, lots of video of kids punching bags, boxing and doing all sorts of things.

G hitting the speed bag... Not bad for a 9yr old, lolGuzman's Boxing Club FT Worth, TX

Nicholas Arces, age 12. Speedbag training at Westside Boxing Club in Los Angeles. Head trainers: Jose Saucedo, Nacho Saucedo 4500 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles,...

Cali Faces - 6yr old boxer Cash shows his incredible boxing skills!Find me on Instagram:http://www.Instagram.com/SheIsCaliDanielleConnect on Facebook:http://...

This episode of PRODIGIES takes you inside the gritty, adrenaline-fueled world of youth boxing and martial arts. Meet Reshat Mati, known as the Albanian bear...

11 year old climber
            11-year-old Brooke Raboutou is a rock climbing phenom who regularly breaks world records on elite bouldering and sport climbs once thought impossible for som...

kid boxing
            Boxing classes for Men, Women, Children in Los Angeles. www,boxingfitnessfactory.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Personally, I believe posting stuff on youtube is much safer than facebook for privacy.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...