• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake
    • Mar 2011

Swivel Lube

FYI

I have been talking about White Lithium Grease being a good lubricant for the all metal ballhook swivels. However after removing my swivel today, I realized how much it builds up inside the swivel housing.

After cleaning it up, I put some regular motor oil on the ball,etc.

The swivel felt a little faster, and after 30 minutes of hitting, it hasn't got any slower. After 30 minutes with the white lithium grease, it would need another shot to keep it at it's best.

I read somewhere that Jumpcannon recommended a few drops of 3-in1-oil when needed. I think that's probably the best advice, and that's what I will be doing from now on.

The white lithium grease works great at first, but as time goes on, it needs to be greased more often, which leads to grease building up, which leads to the swivel bogging down.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Yes... 3-in-1 works like a charm in my 'Powermill Evil' swivels!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Jake
      • Mar 2011

Thanks Zaza, good to know.

Comment

• dogtoke
        • Jun 2008

I've been using "finish Line" wax lubricant. Available at bicycle shops..Works well with little to no buildup

Comment

• Jollygood49
          • Jan 2013

I use silicone spray and have been really happy with how well it lubricates and how long the swivel can go between applications.

Comment

• Bag Man
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by dogtoke View Post
            I've been using "finish Line" wax lubricant. Available at bicycle shops..Works well with little to no buildup
            I use a bicycle lube as well. The brand is PARK TOOL PPL-1 POLY LUBE 1000 and it is available at EMS. No particular reason to think this is a better/worse product than any other brand of what looks to me to be standard issue ball bearing grease. (It was basically what EMS had on the shelf.) I found the viscosity a bit thicker than white lithium and I think it "lasted" longer.
            "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• AtTheCross
              • Dec 2012

I use Tuff-Glide, I use it on my rc helicopters and started using it on my powermill swivel

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
              Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
              DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
              Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
              Retired Bags:
              Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...