X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

Heart Monitor workout with Speed Bag

Any of you using the speed bag for straight workouts?

Of those of you that are anyone using a heart monitor to allow you to adjust the intensity into the anaerobic zones?

I have been using the heart monitor to adjust the interval intensity on my workouts for a month of so now. I have found it really lets me know when I am slacking off.
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

• Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I use it as part of my workout everyday. I generally spend about an hour & a half on a 9x6 bag (I made a special playlist on my iPod), then 45 minutes in the treadmill, then a variety of medicine ball exercises (10 pound) for about 15 minutes...then cool down on the XS Atomic for 10 minutes...after that, I'm spent...but then again, I'm getting old!

I do intervals on the treadmill (uphills, downhills, flat, repeat), but nothing on the speed bag. The music is my guide for tempo and intensity.

That's probably no help...but when I'm finished, I can ring my clothes out!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• bbally
      • Jan 2013

I use playlists as well but they are laid out to increase the intensity peak then drop then peak again.
      sgt
      USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• reggabdeeps
        • Jun 2011

i use one also, definitely helps with the slacking off factor. haven't used while bagging yet but will give it a try.

Comment

• bbally
          • Jan 2013

I have been doing dead treads to push anaerobic levels. Pushing the tread mill without turning it on. 45 seconds full out 20 second break 8 sets. Pushing into the 178 range for beats per minute
          sgt
          USMC 79-85

Comment

• reggabdeeps
            • Jun 2011

thought about this thread during my morning workout... i aim for 65-75% of max heart beat but it doesnt seem like enough.. im going to stick this month out with the so called fat buring zone... if i dont drop enough ill step it up some more.

Comment

• bbally
              • Jan 2013

I had the same problem. The fat zone did not seem to do it. I try to push above recommended max for 10 minutes of a one hour workout. At 50 they say max is 170 bpm. Doctor told me I am ok to 180 because of the training.
              sgt
              USMC 79-85

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...