• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Why Are these Lonsdales different?

This brown one is from the Lonsdale website and is on sale for about $50.00. The red and white one is featured on the Ringside website and sells for about the same price. Anyone know if there is a big difference or is it just different colored leathers? And of course are they good bags?

This one is also featured on the Lonsdale website at a cheaper price, but it too looks different than the one featured on Ringside

fedora
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Here is Mrs. Mitts giving a review of the peanut Lonsdale. She points out the short loop. The photos of Lonsdale bags you posted all have long loops. And the logos just don't look up to snuff in authenticity. They could be the real deal, or they could be knock-offs, made in China or India… One way to know for sure is the price. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't!

And here is her Thread from the forum:
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Hmmn hadn't noticed that till you pointed it out. Interesting, because I copied the pic right off of what I thought was the online Lonsdale website. Here's the link.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        This brown one is from the Lonsdale website and is on sale for about $50.00. The red and white one is featured on the Ringside website and sells for about the same price. Anyone know if there is a big difference or is it just different colored leathers? And of course are they good bags?

This one is also featured on the Lonsdale website at a cheaper price, but it too looks different than the one featured on Ringside

fedora
        IMO, There are several issue in comparing bags that will never go away is (1) who actually produced it (companies in taiwan, china, pakistan, india, mexico...) (2) the quality and type of leather and materials used (everybody goes cheaper for more profit) and (3) the "lot" it actually came with. One lot of 10,000 bags may have come from china, the next from india with slightly different specs and material. the one you have may not be comparable to the one someone else has from 2-3 years ago.

That is not to say you can't compare bags, but it's important to understand some of the variables. Obviously changes in color or outward design come from different lots than single color bags.

and sometimes your "dead" bag can come back to life with a bladder change. You never know.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Profit margin

Yes, it seems that many companies are searching for cheaper ways to produce their products. It could be that Lonsdale, in order to keep making the same profit in years past, has "compromised" and is having their bags made elsewhere for less money. And they're being made with inferior leather, poor-quality thread, etc. And with little or no quality control in the factory in which it is made.

And the consumer has to suffer with the consequences. So far, I think the Cleto Reyes bags are being consistent with quality. In Mexico, they have good leather. And maybe the fact that boxing is a pretty big deal in Mexico keeps Cleto from cheapening their product. Just a thought…
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Yes, it seems that many companies are searching for cheaper ways to produce their products. It could be that Lonsdale, in order to keep making the same profit in years past, has "compromised" and is having their bags made elsewhere for less money. And they're being made with inferior leather, poor-quality thread, etc. And with little or no quality control in the factory in which it is made.

And the consumer has to suffer with the consequences. So far, I think the Cleto Reyes bags are being consistent with quality. In Mexico, they have good leather. And maybe the fact that boxing is a pretty big deal in Mexico keeps Cleto from cheapening their product. Just a thought…
            I would agree with that. Whenever I have hit a cleto over the past 10-15 years it has always been a well shaped, solid bag. It speaks well of their company.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...