Ebay BIN 4210-How is this Bag and swivel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Ebay BIN 4210-How is this Bag and swivel?

I took a chance and nailed this Everlast 4210 bag and swivel on an ebay buy it now. Wasn't too expensive $15.00.

I'm not even sure how big this bag is, but is it a decent bag? I remember reading here somewhere that everlast doesn't make these swivels anymore, so thought it would be interesting to see one.

Could you more knowledgeable baggers here tell me if I should have buyers remorse?

fedora
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Can you tell what size it is and if its a good bag? I assume it can't be too bad if you would have gotten it.

thanks for the info, fedora
    Last edited by fedora; 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

4210's are 7x10, and were one of Everlast's most popular seller's back in the day. They are a good starter bag. The later versions sold with the plastic bladder, earlier ones had the butyl rubber, and after that Latex bladders.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        4210's are 7x10, and were one of Everlast's most popular seller's back in the day. They are a good starter bag. The later versions sold with the plastic bladder, earlier ones had the butyl rubber, and after that Latex bladders.

Dutch, are you sure it's a 10x7..??

That bag was an awesome bag for it's day, at least the ones I had (still have one..)

I think the 4210 is 11x8. I have this from several past everlast sources:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        4210 Red 11 x 8 Genuine Leather
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Size...............modern list............older number

11 x 8...............RPSB-L...................4210 (Red)
        11 x 8............................................4213 Red (Military)
        11 x 8............................................4202 Black pro gyro
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Everlast 4210, amazon.
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and that swivel was also worth the $15.00 if you're looking for an old everlast ballhook.

You got a great deal.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 01-02-2013, 02:26 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

I stand corrected, it's been a while since I have had one. It was one of the brown "Atlanta Olympics" one, and for some reason I thought it was a 10X7.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Dutch, are you sure it's a 10x7..??

That bag was an awesome bag for it's day, at least the ones I had (still have one..)

I think the 4210 is 11x8. I have this from several past everlast sources:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            4210 Red 11 x 8 Genuine Leather
            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Size...............modern list............older number

11 x 8...............RPSB-L...................4210 (Red)
            11 x 8............................................4213 Red (Military)
            11 x 8............................................4202 Black pro gyro
            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Everlast 4210, amazon.
            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and that swivel was also worth the $15.00 if you're looking for an old everlast ballhook.

You got a great deal.
            Thanks for the info Speedbag and others. Just getting back into this I'm wanting to have different bag sizes for the variety. I just got my Promex 8x5 in the mail today. It looked bigger on line. My wife and I kinda chuckled when I saw how small it was. I thought "wow am I gonna be able to hit that thing?". Surprisingly I'm not doing too bad, I just have to adjust where I hold my arms as I'm used to them being a little lower. I'll clean up the swivel and install it and practice on it to see the difference from the Deville.

Thanks to everyone for the input: fedora

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              I stand corrected, it's been a while since I have had one. It was one of the brown "Atlanta Olympics" one, and for some reason I thought it was a 10X7.
              Yea, I thought that was a brain fart by one of THE finest speed bag historians on the planet. Or maybe a typo, 'cause the 4210 was around for a long time. Gotta say that everlast line of the 70-80's were awesome bags. I beat my last 4210 to death during the late 80's and early 90's, including about 10 years of serious martial arts and kicking the crap out of it - and it never sprung a leak during that time period.

Where oh where did that quality go...
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2012

Here's one on ebay that the seller claims is from the 70s. It's a black one.

fedora

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

The 4200 is from Everlast's former Pro line of bags. Could very well be from the '70's on up through the late '80's, near new condition from what I see. Current price is a real bargain. The later versions they started to use the plastic piping instead of the traditional leather raised seams. Pain in the arsh to beat it down, definitely have to use wraps or gloves when hitting on those
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
                    Here's one on ebay that the seller claims is from the 70s. It's a black one.

fedora
                    If I needed or wanted another bag right now I'd snatch that for $59.00
                    I loved that size and shape 4200, even the later model with the red plastic welt. (the earlier ones had leather).

...just can't justify that cost at the moment 30+ bags in my arsenal right now.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Yea, I thought that was a brain fart by one of THE finest speed bag historians on the planet. Or maybe a typo, 'cause the 4210 was around for a long time. Gotta say that everlast line of the 70-80's were awesome bags. I beat my last 4210 to death during the late 80's and early 90's, including about 10 years of serious martial arts and kicking the crap out of it - and it never sprung a leak during that time period.

Where oh where did that quality go...
                      Just goes to show you that no one is infaliable.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                        ...i was looking at that bag last night and was thinking of buying it but this one looked like the last everlast i hit on years ago with the plastic piping, i liked it better when they had the leather piping on those bags...ralph
                        Me too. Back in my early 1970's days in Memphis I had a few bags with leather piping "sewn up" where the outer leather by the panel edges had ripped from the leather piping (welt?). Anyway, they would sew it back together as best they could. This was a shop where you could get custom designed weight lifting belts or just about anything designed or fixed in leather.

Hard to find that nowadays.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• doss darwin
                          • Dec 2012

stoked

only one other bid on that 4200--guy wouldn't ship to hawaii so will be a little extra shipping(san diego first then here) but 35 bucks plus shipping is good--it looks like a smaller version of my 4213 which i have always liked--should be a kick--dd
                          the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• doss darwin
                            • Dec 2012

will do
                            the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...