• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Guess who came to visit...

Alan and I got together for a few hours of speed bag fun on Sunday.

He gave me tons of pointers on R-Roll, side punching, and hitting to music. I think total time under the board was somewhere in the 4+ hour range, with a quick lunch break in between Needless to say by the end of the day I was at the point of information overload (and extreme shoulder fatigue). I'm happy to report his input has already helped immensely.

And no, I don't have video of any of it We were so busy we had to force ourselves to stop for my wife to take some snapshots.

Having Alan give me some hands on instruction was truly a dream come true and a memory I will cherish forever. Really, I can't describe how special this was for me.

Last edited by Tim; 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

This post reaffirms the regret I have for the timing of this get together. I really really wish I could be there this weekend. Unfortunately, the timing is just wrong for me at this time.

Sooner or later there will be another get together and I'll be able to go.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
      This post reaffirms the regret I have for the timing of this get together. I really really wish I could be there this weekend. Unfortunately, the timing is just wrong for me at this time.

Sooner or later there will be another get together and I'll be able to go.
      Take heart, Chris. It will happen. We will get together somewhere somehow.

I also really enjoyed my day with Tim and his lovely family. His dedication to the speed bag is evident and his hospitality to me was incredible. I will always remember it.

especially when I pull out my blackBerry and look at the puppy teeth marks in the antenna. They have an adorable little puppy that took up residence in my lap for awhile, fascinated with the antenna. It was just too cute.

got some great shots of one of his son's hitting the bag also. I post some shots of our get together on my site when I get home.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...