• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete317
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Need advice on which platform to buy?

I have been reading a lot of the posts here and most people seem to really know what they are talking about so I thought you might be able to help me with a question?

I am trying to decide between two platforms:

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

The Ringside is on sale through their catalog for $99 (half price) and the i-Box is $199. Ringside is 1" x 30" platform and the i-Box is 1 1/4" x 24". The frame also seems that it would be stronger on the i-Box but I don't know that for sure.

I have used a standing (non wall mounted) speed bag with 80lbs of sand on top for a few years and it moves and loses momentum way more than I like. My main concern is to get a platform that will give me a good rebound and won't lose a lot of momentum.

The 12 vs 24 inch adjustment is a non-issue to me since I will be the only one using it and will only need minor adjust for different bag sizes. I also will be using 10" x 7" and smaller bags.

Bottom line- is the extra $99 for the i-box worth it and will I really be able to tell much difference if I am using the same swivel, same bag, and same amount of sand on top?

Thanks!
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

There is a thread identical to this one here somewhere, but I did find this link. It includes a review of the Ibox which is well thought of here on the forum. I own one and I love. Also, their customer service is world-class.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Check out the following site for some really good information as well: http://www.speedbagcentral.com/

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Also, check this one out: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=437
      Last edited by Chris M; 05-18-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• JayLee
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2007

I'm more than happy with my balazs, and customer service is through the roof

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JayLee View Post
          I'm more than happy with my balazs, and customer service is through the roof
          Write the company and tell them. I know the folks at Balazs - they are first rate all the way - and they really like to hear from their customers. They are actively engaged in several projects to help our less fortunate speed baggers get speed bag equipment and designing some new equipment to be released shortly after testing, etc.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...