• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
    I just found a ball hook swivel brand new, just go to www.tkogear.com and click on boxing then type in the search box Code: 503TS-CM

Peace!!
    dont get it man its not the same those ones are crap!!!
    ________
    Nexium pregnancy
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• BoxingGranny
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2007

Speaking of Everlast metal bag hooks - I have one and it's been getting kind of noisy, so I sprayed it with a bit of WD-40 and now it's nice and quiet again. (I'm not screwing up by using WD-40 on it, am I?)

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BoxingGranny View Post
        Speaking of Everlast metal bag hooks - I have one and it's been getting kind of noisy, so I sprayed it with a bit of WD-40 and now it's nice and quiet again. (I'm not screwing up by using WD-40 on it, am I?)
        Not a bit, the only thing bad about WD40 is that it attracts dust. However, it's not hurting a thing.

I prefer to use graphite. To do this, first unscrew the assembly and clean the ball and cup really well with something like gojo and water to clean all the oil and junk out of there. Then apply the graphite and it lubricates it very well without attracting dust.

Other "dry" lubricants such as some commercially available bicycle chain dry lubes work just as well.

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
          Other "dry" lubricants such as some commercially available bicycle chain dry lubes work just as well.
          Yup, I've used a product called White Lightening - it's a bike chain lube, wax-based, but it works pretty good on a speed bag swivel...

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
            dont get it man its not the same those ones are crap!!!
            ABSOLUTELY.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DOrr
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
              The holes are in a different configuration. What you'll need to do is drill new holes to bolt the swivel onto your board.

I have the same swivel and I also enlargened the holes on the new swivel to accomodate 1/4" bolts.

I hope this answers your question!
              I have a bit that can do just that.

I think the hook and ball swivel makes you work harder, so it's good to have both.

Comment

• DOrr
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Chris M. is correct in that you will need to center the new swivel and drill new holes. You don't really need to make the holes Larger on the metal swivel base, just make sure your thin bolts go all the way through and use washers on the top part to protect the nut(s) from sinking into the wood. I prefer to use wing nuts on top, making it easier to take off later.
                Thanks alot brother! Either way sounds like it will get me home.

I like the wing nuts idea also.

Comment

• DOrr
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2007

Thanks!

I took Chris' advice (Home Depot/Lowe's were closed by the time I read this thread) and drilled through the existing hole on one end, and drilled a new hole on the other to fit the mounting bracket.

It fits perfectly, and the action on this swivel is worth it. The workout is much better.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...