X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olds455guy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2012

Hey Im just posting to keep my account active and to introduce myself. I live in central Utah, and Ive been speed bagging for a about 8 months or so. Im self taught so far and Im finding tons of great info on this site. I like to weld and fabricate so I built a few of my own bases out of steel and used some old desk tops I got from a local school for the wood. So far its worked out really good. Anyway thanks for all the info and wisdom I look forward to improving my skills.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your homemade handiwork and punching.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hi and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your homemade handiwork and punching.
      Hey Olds455, welcome to the forums. Also, I'd like to see some pix of what wraps around that 455.

Comment

• Olds455guy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2012

Ok Ive got a cell phone pic of my car, Ill take a few pics of the bases Ive built tonight.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Olds455guy
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2012

Here is a few pics of the first base I built, solid as a rock with the added support on the end of the platform. I have lots of scrap metal so it only cost a few hours and a can of spray paint so Im happy. I don't like the square platform, as soon as I get time Ill build a thicker round one. I just finished an improved version for my brother, so Ill get pics when I get out to see him. Anyway let me know what you think.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Ralph/Olds, looks like a '69 or '70. There was a smaller back window that year. I think the body style changed in '68 from the longer looking, boxy style to the "sleeker" look.

Edit: I agree with Ralph, your platform looks SOLID.
            Last edited by Biff; 09-10-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...