• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfspeed
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2012

New to the speedbag, need advice

I just set up my speed bag this weekend and I want to put it in to my weekly workouts. My question is I have the Everlast pro swivel on now and it does not seem smooth can anyone tell me what type of swivel is the best to start with or should I just use this one until I learn the basics and improve?

Thanks for any advice.

Jim
  • 2v1977
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2012

Hi Jim, Welcome.

Have a look for MsDeville on the forum and speak to her about the A-51 ball hook swivel, it's amazing.
    I have just changed from a U-bolt swivel that I was hitting very well on to the Deville A-51 but i am finding it hard to get used to as the A-51 makes you hit the bag perfectly or you will have the problem I am having and it will bounce all over the place. If you just want to hit the bag like a boxer then stick to the U-bolt because the restriction with that type of swivel with help you, but if you want to put combinations in to your workout then a good ball hook swivel is a must have peice of kit, and I suggest the Deville A-51.

I hope this helps, there are lots of people on here that will help you.

Keep bagging

Comment

• jfspeed
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2012

Thanks for the advice, I ordered the A-51 today. Yesterday I ordered the Speed bag bible and DVD. I have a lot to learn but it seems I have found the right forum for advice.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jfspeed View Post
        Thanks for the advice, I ordered the A-51 today. Yesterday I ordered the Speed bag bible and DVD. I have a lot to learn but it seems I have found the right forum for advice.
        Sent
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...