• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sendmorecops
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2012

Drum advice for custom platform

Alright so building my platform has been a little slow going but there has been some progress. Metal is bought, just need to get it cut and welded and get myself a Deville swivel. Should hopefully have it finished early to mid next month. I bought a 24x24x1 pine tabletop from lowes and sanded/stained it so it looks amazing. The part I'm not sure about is what to put on it next. Its a covered setup in my garage but durring the winter it gets wet. I mean a slick on the ground/heavy bags/whatever and my previous drum got some mildew on it which I don't want to worry about this time around. Could someone help me out as to what is the best? I was aiming towards minwax outdoor polyurethane
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sendmorecops View Post
    Alright so building my platform has been a little slow going but there has been some progress. Metal is bought, just need to get it cut and welded and get myself a Deville swivel. Should hopefully have it finished early to mid next month. I bought a 24x24x1 pine tabletop from lowes and sanded/stained it so it looks amazing. The part I'm not sure about is what to put on it next. Its a covered setup in my garage but durring the winter it gets wet. I mean a slick on the ground/heavy bags/whatever and my previous drum got some mildew on it which I don't want to worry about this time around. Could someone help me out as to what is the best? I was aiming towards minwax outdoor polyurethane
    Hi Sendmorecops,

you might try checking out this thread http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4402
    and see the post by aad03 (Senior Member) who lives in the Houston Tx area. He says: I've built a couple outdoor drums. I have one that stays outside exposed to sun and rain, and it has stayed in perfect condition for 2+ years and counting. It is made of 1" HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).

With a link to here: Regal-Plastics

and a video of it on his boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5UQxV6uw4

There are a few others on here that have outdoor setups, so you should get some pretty solid feedback in a few days.

Hope this helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...