• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunm81
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2012

everlast ball replacement question

Hello,

I have one of those cheap everlast plastic swivels that has the plastic ball in it. I was wondering why couldnt a man take and replace the ball in the swivel and use the rest of the swivel? another words go from the junk white plastic ball to a metal one. anyone know if this would work? or would it be hard to find a metal ball to replace it with? anyone know anywhere to pick up a metal ball? I am thinking about making me a outside setup on my porch using the old everlast swivel if I could somehow find a metal ball for it. thanks in advance
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shaunm81 View Post
    Hello,

I have one of those cheap everlast plastic swivels that has the plastic ball in it. I was wondering why couldnt a man take and replace the ball in the swivel and use the rest of the swivel? another words go from the junk white plastic ball to a metal one. anyone know if this would work? or would it be hard to find a metal ball to replace it with? anyone know anywhere to pick up a metal ball? I am thinking about making me a outside setup on my porch using the old everlast swivel if I could somehow find a metal ball for it. thanks in advance
    I have put several metal balls into the plastic housing and it's a great fix. Fast, quiet swivel. Only trick is finding a metal ballhook swivel and hoping you can find the right size allen wrench to turn the set screw, and that the set screw will turn and let the shank out of the ball.

you can occasionally pick up an old everlast ballhook on ebay or other auction sites.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• shaunm81
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2012

Thanks Alan I will check there. I used to have a solid metal everlast swivel years ago but its hard to tell where that thing ever went

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...