Randolph Leslie Smith
    Washington State Licensed Real Estate Broker
    Learned Speed Bag fundamentals in 1973
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Randolph View Post
    Anyone?
    You post it to Youtube (or some other video hostihng service) first. and then either post a text link to it here with the URL linking code video title

or or you can embed the video into your post.

I don't know how to do it from other video sites but from youtube you use:

inbetween you put the youtube web URL AFTER the v=. Don't use the V=, just the part after it.

Here is a link to using the URL method: 2 songs on deville swivel

and here it is embedded.

v=SaJN-mxB0vw ( I removed the v=)

hope that helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Smooth operater....

Alan -AK is how like it... SB3 What!!! Looking foward to seeing you. Nice bagging.... AK. Everyone come see the best @ The Real Gymm "SB3" Alan How you rip!!!

Comment

• Randolph
        • May 2012

Thank you Speedbag, that makes sense.
        I did manage to write to Tim and I think he lifted the restrictions that seemed to automatically block me as a "new" trainee until it was determined I wasn't spam; though some days I actually do look and feel like spam.
        It is incredibly inspiring to see how you, and your advanced students work the speedbag, thanks for the attached video on the DeVille Swivel, this answered one of my questions before I had a chance to ask. Thanks again for inviting me to speedbagforum!
        Randolph Leslie Smith

Comment

• Randolph
          • May 2012

OK, I will try this now. This is my Youtube Video showingcasing my home made speed bag stand made of scrap 4x4's and an old restaurant table top. I had an old worn chain link swivel to put on it and just Bought a new RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound Bag. Since putting this video on Youtube, I have discovered the speedbag word out there, the existance of Speed bag Bible, Speedbagforum, all the great speedbag MASTERS out there, and an very happy to have done so.

Randolph Leslie Smith

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thank you Speedbag, that makes sense.
            I did manage to write to Tim and I think he lifted the restrictions that seemed to automatically block me as a "new" trainee until it was determined I wasn't spam; though some days I actually do look and feel like spam.
            It is incredibly inspiring to see how you, and your advanced students work the speedbag, thanks for the attached video on the DeVille Swivel, this answered one of my questions before I had a chance to ask. Thanks again for inviting me to speedbagforum!
            Hi Randolph, Glad you chose to join. This is THE place for speed bagger's. A huge amount of knowledge in here on equipment, old, new and how to make your own, as well as some of the finest baggers, skill wise, you'll ever seen.

and outside of speed bagging many members are highly talented in other fields and professions. Some master craftsmans, musicians, doctors, lawyers, computer technology geniuses and a princess or two. I also know of at one least one Rocket Scientist.

Who knows. One day we may have "Bags in Space..."

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

[QUOTE=Randolph;34707]OK, I will try this now. This is my Youtube Video showingcasing my home made speed bag stand made of scrap 4x4's and an old restaurant table top. I had an old worn chain link swivel to put on it and just Bought a new RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound Bag. Since putting this video on Youtube, I have discovered the speedbag word out there, the existance of Speed bag Bible, Speedbagforum, all the great speedbag MASTERS out there, and an very happy to have done so.

Hi Randolph, and welcome to the forum. I took the liberty of embedding your video in this thread:

Nice demo of your skills. Do you having a boxing background? I like the converted tabletop for a drum. I was at a Burger King restaurant the other day and was checking out their round tabletops and thinking what great drums they would make.

As Alan mentioned, this is a great forum for speed baggers. Welcome Aboard!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Randolph
                • May 2012

I still cannot figure out how to create a new thread and not being allowed to edit my profile or do much of anything, but made a video today of my progress and built a platform for my wife to access the speed bag. She got very enthused after seeing MsDeville's set up so I wasted no time in building her a platform for her to access my home made custom speed bag stand, which has no height adjustmet capability even though it was precision cut to the exacting tolerances of my chain saw.
                I had to remove the previously posted video at her request, an edited version will soon be done and posted to replace it.
                Last edited by Randolph; 05-23-2012, 03:15 PM.
                Randolph Leslie Smith

Comment

• Randolph
                  • May 2012

[QUOTE=MsDeville;34710]
                  OK, I will try this now. This is my Youtube Video showingcasing my home made speed bag stand made of scrap 4x4's and an old restaurant table top. I had an old worn chain link swivel to put on it and just Bought a new RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound Bag. Since putting this video on Youtube, I have discovered the speedbag word out there, the existance of Speed bag Bible, Speedbagforum, all the great speedbag MASTERS out there, and an very happy to have done so.

Hi Randolph, and welcome to the forum. I took the liberty of embedding your video in this thread:

Nice demo of your skills. Do you having a boxing background? I like the converted tabletop for a drum. I was at a Burger King restaurant the other day and was checking out their round tabletops and thinking what great drums they would make.

As Alan mentioned, this is a great forum for speed baggers. Welcome Aboard!
                  To answer your question, I don't have a boxing background, but worked in a Locked down, highly secured Psychiatric Ward at Ft. Knox back in the mid 70's, during which time I was intorduced to, and worked out on the speed bag as a matter of self preservation. We had 36 beds and were often filled to capacity, all soldiers, all fit, all quite capable of doing what they are basically trained to do. I am the only Psychiatric Technician I know of whose blood was never spilt, bone never broken, or somehow beaten down or overpowered by a patient during my 4 year tour of duty. I have always appreciated and loved the speed bag, and am delighted to have found all of you who share the same passion for it. My wife is getting better but really not too happy about my posting this video of her in a rain coat trying out her new platform, so I pronised her it would ONLY be viewable on SPEEDBAGFORUM, and restricted on Youtube. Here is the only link thru which it can be viewed, please enjoy:
                  Randolph Leslie Smith

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

[QUOTE=Randolph;34727]
                    Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

To answer your question, I don't have a boxing background, but worked in a Locked down, highly secured Psychiatric Ward at Ft. Knox back in the mid 70's, during which time I was introduced to, and worked out on the speed bag as a matter of self preservation. We had 36 beds and were often filled to capacity, all soldiers, all fit, all quite capable of doing what they are basically trained to do. I am the only Psychiatric Technician I know of whose blood was never spilt, bone never broken, or somehow beaten down or overpowered by a patient during my 4 year tour of duty.
                    I worked a few years in lock down psychiatric facilites myself (we called them "closed wards"), for the VA Medical Center in Waco Texas. My time was a bit later than yours (early 1980's) so a few better drugs were available. When I started we still had plenty of patients doing the old "Thorazine Shuffle" as well as a fair share with single and double lobotomies. At least they had stopped doing psychosurgery and electroshock at our facility by the time I arrived. We also had a few vets that were highly trained or special forces from all services, which adds a another element to the ward mix. We could swap some stories in that regard.

... My wife is getting better but really not too happy about my posting this video of her in a rain coat trying out her new platform, so I pronised her it would ONLY be viewable on SPEEDBAGFORUM, and restricted on Youtube. Here is the only link thru which it can be viewed, please enjoy:
                    http://youtu.be/YOoBe008E1I
                    Very good video of Pati on the bag. She has good rhythm and will get better with time. I noticed you changed your chainlink swivel to a plastic ball hook on this video also. Your speed bagging in this video, linking front to back was very nice. Great upper arm position and fist movements straight through and back. Keep working, slow with control. Don't worry about "going fast". that will come as your movement control increases.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...