• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltthrower
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

title swivel issues

ok so i received my swivel today from title and im not sure what to think. It is the deluxe pro. http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...1&d=1332565702
    This is my first time posting pics so im not sure it will be correct. Did a preview and it looks like my images are sideways. anyway as you can see from the title page and my pics there are some differences. First the U appears longer on mine than their picture. Second, the housing for the bearing appears smaller in their pic than on mine. In addition, it is not straight. As you can see it is off by just a little bit. The weld on the bolt just seems a bit sloppy to me. not sure. this could be the norm. When i turn it, it is not completely smooth. It is for maybe half of the turn then u feel a bit of jagged rough friction so to speak. Not much, and with weight from bag on it, it is probably not noticeable. Maybe im being too nitpicky. Maybe none of this matters much. I just wasnt that impressed. The last concern was with the pin through the U. I was wondering why there is so much play (space) in the holes on the U. thanks all
  • Boltthrower
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

Thanks. Messed up huh? Currently working on two homemade platforms. This one will have the u bolt as my 10 yr old stepson will be using it as well. Second one will have the powermill ( if I can get one soon) or maybe the deville. I'm just so anxious to finally get one up and running. Shoot, I've been waiting 3 days a pass just in between poly coats on my drum. Now I'm ready and I get this. even paid 10 bucks extra to get it in two days with my bag.

Comment

• Boltthrower
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2012

I just sent Title an email explaining the whole situation. Hopefully they can make right of this matter cause I'm not paying anymore for return shipping and reshipping. Like I said I've already paid 20 bucks just to get it quick.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Boltthrower View Post
        I just sent Title an email explaining the whole situation. Hopefully they can make right of this matter cause I'm not paying anymore for return shipping and reshipping. Like I said I've already paid 20 bucks just to get it quick.
        Sorry to hear about that problem. Best best is to add a few more bucks for a swivel and get the Deville Ballhook. It is a far superior swivel to any on the market from boxing companies.

Email "MsDeville Senior Member" via this forum PM function. In a few days you'll be glad you invested the extra $ and have an awesome swivel.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Boltthrower
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2012

Thanks Alan. That is my plan. I will have two platforms , one of which I will keep a ubolt on for my stepson and nephew mostly. The other one will be a little better quality throughout.

Comment

• Boltthrower
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

As for my issue with title, I got a very prompt reply and they were very cool about it. They have remedied the situation and I am now more than pleased.

Comment

• Boltthrower
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

The swivel they had sent is the new changed version. And the pic was never changed. They said they would look into that. I don't think I'll be buying replacement there but definitely other products.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...