• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluehinder
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

Classic vs regular Title yellow bag

Hi,

First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post.

I'm new to the speed bag, and after reading several posts have decided to get a Title 8x5 bag. What is the difference between the yellow 8x5, and the Classic 8x5?

Thanks!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bluehinder View Post
    Hi,

First of all, hello to everyone, this is my first post.

I'm new to the speed bag, and after reading several posts have decided to get a Title 8x5 bag. What is the difference between the yellow 8x5, and the Classic 8x5?

Thanks!
    Welcome Bluehinder: always nice to get new baggers in the group.

The two Classic brand bags are a bit smaller per size than the regular Title Bags. The Title Classic 9x6 is closer in size to the Yellow 8x5, and noticeably smaller than the regular (red) title 9x6.

The classic 8x5 is a bit smaller than the yellow 8x5, and a bit lighter also.

Here is a picture comparison of them.

Red bag on far left is the Classic 8x5, then the Yellow 8x5, then the classic 9x6, then the bag on Far right is the Regular 9x6. You can see it is noticeably larger than the classic 9x6 right next to it.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedbag; 02-07-2012, 12:05 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bluehinder
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2012

Any suggestions on which 8x5 to get?

Thanks for the explanation and photo.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Manny Pacquiao chooses the yellow Title 8x5 bag, I don't think you can go wrong with that bag. The slight extra weight is useful weight. You can get a Classic later and compare the two and see if it's to your liking at that time.

Some are enjoying the Classic once it gets a replacement bladder which livens it up. Replacing a bladder can be a bit of a hassle, though.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Yellow Title Bag

My favorite Title bag is the yellow 5x8. It's a great bag, and will give you enjoyment as well as a decent workout, imo.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Manny Pacquiao chooses the yellow Title 8x5 bag, I don't think you can go wrong with that bag. The slight extra weight is useful weight. You can get a Classic later and compare the two and see if it's to your liking at that time.

Some are enjoying the Classic once it gets a replacement bladder which livens it up. Replacing a bladder can be a bit of a hassle, though.
            Good idea and I agree. The classic is a bit smaller and lighter then the standard yellow 8x5, and the classic takes a bit of getting use to.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            My favorite Title bag is the yellow 5x8. It's a great bag, and will give you enjoyment as well as a decent workout, imo.
            I would say "mine too" but I'm kinda liking the TITLE BLACKĀ® Pro Speed Bag.

It seems to be a bit heavier than the yellow for some reason....
            not sure that makes it better, but I like the shape and action.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bluehinder
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

Thanks guys! I got the yellow bag.

And, because I couldn't stand it, I also got the tricolor 8x5 Cleto Reyes bag. I'm going to hang it in my office until I'm worthy.

Comment

• Bluehinder
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                ...i have both those bags title gold 5x8 and the cleto 5x8 i changed the bladder on the title because i know from changing the bladders on other bags it made them rebound way faster. also don't hang that cleto in your office it is also a great bag to hit and begs you to hit on it...ralph
                Alright, I'll give it a ride as soon as it comes in. Thanks Ralph.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...