• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Everlast 4200

Finally found it!
    It had been left outside for too many years. Kicking myself!
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
    Finally found it!
    It had been left outside for too many years. Kicking myself!
    I'd say it's done and ready to punch.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

I'm really, really, tempted to hit it A., but pieces of leather fly off - when I look at it - even just using my peripheral vision. It made a mess on the carpet already.

I think I will put discipline to the test and preserve it as a part of a positive lesson. I couldn't hit that thing to save my life 10, 15, 20 years ago. The video is painful. The kids are in it, so there's a nice warm memory attached too.
      Time to give it a nice, warm, and dry place to hang and maintain whatever is left of its dignity.

"Play It Again Sports" in Mission Viejo has an old Medium 4200 on a platform hanging on the store wall (none of it for sale). They were courteous enough to let me "conquer" it over there - although I'd like to get a chance at this particular bag again someday.

Anything is possible. Such an amazingly validating feeling to see positive results from daily practice. Slow-mo is certainly helping correct technique. You are so right: "Never give up!" "You CAN do it!".

Last edited by PunchDrummer; 01-22-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Every once and awhile one shows up on eBay. Sometimes they can be had fairly reasonably. However it's not unusal either for them to go for more than what they sold for new of late. I'm afraid the days of picking up old classic bags on the cheap are over.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          thats the bag that i used to get at the sporting goods store and when ever i wore one out i would go back and get another then i stop baggin, those were great bags and pretty fast bags, loved the tear drop shape...ralph
          Hey Ralph. Do you come from a boxing background? Sounds like you have quite bit of experience and knowledge with different bags, platforms, etc. Just curious...
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            thats the bag that i used to get at the sporting goods store and when ever i wore one out i would go back and get another then i stop baggin, those were great bags and pretty fast bags, loved the tear drop shape...ralph
            Me too. Use to go to Dowdle Sporting Goods in Memphis Tenn. and buy bags. Always got the 4200 and sometimes the red 4210.

I did get an 8x5 4202 once but it didn't last long if I remember.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...