X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CMP
    • Jan 2012

What are people using for a platform??

I am new to the group and use a home made "old-school" ring type speed bag platform with a beast of a bag 9x14 maybe? I am interested in a more modern set-up as well and was wondering if anyone had any advice on current (2012) model gear. Thanks from Vermont, CMP
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by CMP View Post
    I am new to the group and use a home made "old-school" ring type speed bag platform with a beast of a bag 9x14 maybe
    Hello CMP and Welcome to the forum.

Boy you have and old school rebound ring with a beastly 9x14 bag.

Don't tease us this way, post a few pictures!! We like to look at them when our spouses arent looking...

I am interested in a more modern set-up as well and was wondering if anyone had any advice on current (2012) model gear. Thanks from Vermont, CMP
    You'll probably get a few opinions on modern equipment but here are a few I'd recommend:

Rebound Board
    BalazsBoxing I-Box is a favorite and very highly recommend if you can go the price.

other boards.

TitleBoxing Wall units

Can pick by price but believe it or not the "economy" boards of less than $100.00 work pretty well with medium to small bags.
    Also need to consider the wall surface and layout of the wall you intend to hang it on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speed Bag Swivels are a crap shoot and in this group I would only recommend the TITLE Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel $29.99

The best swivel available today is a custom hand made ball hook by a forum member named Jump Cannon. You would need to contact him about ordering for he is a tricky booger to get in touch with because of his love for trains. Here is a link for info:

You can also pickup older everlast ballhook swivels (metal or plastic) on ebay occasionally.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speed Bags:

Many hear use the Title Brand bags for $29.99 and like them alot. For the price they perform as well as much more expensive models.

The Title Platinum, Pro-mex and Title Classic bags are also popular.

Personally, I just got an Title Black Pro 8x5 xs (thanks, Title!) and it is an AWESOME bag. At least for my taste. Fat teardrop, short attachment loop and ripping fast. Not the best choice for a beginner but I know some of our advanced bagaholics will see this.... F-A-S-T.

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-22-2012, 04:06 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• CMP
      • Jan 2012

Thanks for the info!

Thank you so much for the information and for providing us with your great Book/DVD,I really enjoy them. I will try to take some pictures this weekend and post them. Thanks again Chris
      Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thank you so much for the information and for providing us with your great Book/DVD,I really enjoy them. I will try to take some pictures this weekend and post them. Thanks again Chris
        Great, thanks.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...