• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bagthis
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Brand New Bag

Just started hitting the bag. Been at on and off for a couple of months. Well the bag at the gym I go to is just shredded so I bought my own. I bought a 8x5 title. The mustard one. Someone had it there before and I liked it. Anyways I just want to know if there are nay steps I should take for breaking it in, filling it up, lacing it up or any thing like that. This is my first serious step towards speed bagging and I am really excited for this bag and to have my own I just don't want to mess it up and I want it to last a while. Thanks guys.

PS- oh I gave the older posts a quick look through but wasn't finding any thing right away so I hope you don't mind me just asking. Thank you again. Oh and yeah, I have watched a lot of you guys hit the bag and you guys all rock. Keep it up. I still need to learn the names of hits and all that. I am thinking about getting the speed bag bible. I'm rambling.....
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by bagthis View Post
    Just started hitting the bag. Been at on and off for a couple of months. Well the bag at the gym I go to is just shredded so I bought my own. I bought a 8x5 title. The mustard one. Someone had it there before and I liked it. Anyways I just want to know if there are nay steps I should take for breaking it in, filling it up, lacing it up or any thing like that. This is my first serious step towards speed bagging and I am really excited for this bag and to have my own I just don't want to mess it up and I want it to last a while. Thanks guys.

PS- oh I gave the older posts a quick look through but wasn't finding any thing right away so I hope you don't mind me just asking. Thank you again. Oh and yeah, I have watched a lot of you guys hit the bag and you guys all rock. Keep it up. I still need to learn the names of hits and all that. I am thinking about getting the speed bag bible. I'm rambling.....
    Hi Bagthis, Welcome to the forum.

No great secrets to a new bag break in, just be sure and wet the needle before insertion, and inflate it until all the creases are out of the leather. I wouldn't over inflate it at first either. Just a nice full but not overfilled bag. then hit for a normal workout. I don't recommend blasting away on a new bag. I like to give the inflation valve a little while to break in.

Other than that, you should have a great bag. When and if you decide on the Speed Bag Bible, PM me and let me know.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bagthis
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2012

Thank you

Let me just start off by saying it means a lot to have yourself reply to my questions. I would thank every one else the same to but really thank you. I am going to some work on my bag tomorrow and look forward to it so much more. I am in the military as well and out of the 6 or so gyms we have on post there is only one with a place to hit a bag. I am getting ready to go to another duty station and I hope I can find a gym there to. If not I guess I will have to see what I can do at my apartment. Thank you again and I will definitely let you know when I am looking into getting The speed bag bible.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by bagthis View Post
        Let me just start off by saying it means a lot to have yourself reply to my questions. I would thank every one else the same to but really thank you. I am going to some work on my bag tomorrow and look forward to it so much more. I am in the military as well and out of the 6 or so gyms we have on post there is only one with a place to hit a bag. I am getting ready to go to another duty station and I hope I can find a gym there to. If not I guess I will have to see what I can do at my apartment. Thank you again and I will definitely let you know when I am looking into getting The speed bag bible.
        I appreciate that, but we all leave our ego's off the keyboard in here. You'll get awesome advice and insights from many members for there is some really amazing speed bag talent around here. I have learned a lot myself from numerous members, and that includes new combinations, new ways of visualizing what works, great insights about equipment, including bags, boards and swivels. I learned a huge amount about speed bag history, including about past baggers and equipment.

We've had (and now have) numerous members in the military also. Speaking for myself, and I think the group, thank you for your service and if you need help in anyway, please post.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bagthis
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2012

Will do

I will most definitely end up posting again in the future. Filled up the bag today and hit away on it a little and it felt great. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...