Cleteo Reyes speed bag- how to put in the bladder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • titfortat
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2011

Cleteo Reyes speed bag- how to put in the bladder?

Hi, new to the forums, but not new to speed bags. I had an everlast speed bag that I got one year and the bladder popped. Now I got an XS cleteo reyes speed bag that doesn't have the bladder in it. So I was wondering how do I untie the laces of the Cleteo reyes speed bag. There doesn't seem to be a starting point and the laces are super tight. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried pulling on all the laces and nothing. Anyone have any recommendations?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by titfortat View Post
    Hi, new to the forums, but not new to speed bags. I had an everlast speed bag that I got one year and the bladder popped. Now I got an XS cleteo reyes speed bag that doesn't have the bladder in it. So I was wondering how do I untie the laces of the Cleteo reyes speed bag. There doesn't seem to be a starting point and the laces are super tight. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried pulling on all the laces and nothing. Anyone have any recommendations?
    I'd be very careful with that bag before opening it up. Mexican Legends tell of "bad spirits" and gremlin like creatures being captured and implanted into small speed bags that have had their bladders removed and then closed up in such a way as to prevent their reopening and release.

This practice may have started in reaction to the more well known Mexican Jumping Bean, which is really a moth larvae trapped inside trying to get out.

Using the same idea, trapped spirits or gremlins placed in speed bags have been known to spontaneously twitch and jerk, as if possessed. I'd kinda watch that cleto bag for a while and see how it reacts before I'd open it.

I'm sure many will tell you to "cut the laces" or other methods of unlacing the bag, but you might want to shake it first or poke something into the tiny hole where the air valve would exit and see if you get a reaction.

I have never seen it personally of course, but I have several mexican friends in Texas that have told me this.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      ...Oh well that explains everything. like why the four way elbow is giving me trouble, and i miss hit and then when it helicopters i hear some giggling. what should i do Alan ? ...ralph
      Ralph, if the bag you speak of is a Cleto Rey, then it may very well be a Mexican Jumping Bag. Try and record that giggling and post it for sound analysis.

The legend is sketchy about what to do exactly but I remember a couple of suggestions: Don't put it in water, or put it near food after midnite.

Hope it helps.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...