• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimJames
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2011

Please help

I'm looking for some input on the best speed bag. For my price range it seems to be between the Balazs ibox platform or the everlast pro platform. It seems the everlasting has a better platform, 30 inches instead do 24' and 2 inches thick. Also a better swivel. Any thoughts?
  • Heppsan
    • Jan 2011

As for platforms I do not know, I have made all mine myself.
    About swivels: i would say Powermill Evil Swivel, Everlast U-bolt is also nice when it comes to boxing training.
    And speed bags I like the most is White Fighting Sports Pro 5x8 and Title Classic 6x9.

I'm Still a rookie doh!

Comment

• TimJames
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2011

Thank you for your input. Since you build your own, Do you prefer a 30" platform to a 24"? As for thickness, it seems the thicker the better? I am considering building my own now. Thanks again for you help.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by TimJames View Post
        I'm looking for some input on the best speed bag. For my price range it seems to be between the Balazs ibox platform or the everlast pro platform. It seems the everlasting has a better platform, 30 inches instead do 24' and 2 inches thick. Also a better swivel. Any thoughts?
        The key to a wall unit is usually the sturdiness and it's ability to adjust up and down. If price isn't a big issue, go for the larger 30 inch board, which will let you use the larger bags if you want. (24 inch will find any bag over 12 inches long going past the boards edge.) Both units are awesome. Lots of I-Box fans in here. We use a lot of them at the SB gathering in New Jersey and it's an excellent board if you don't mind the smaller board.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TimJames
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2011

Thank you for the input, now I have a new question. I installed my new ibox platform. I was advised by Balazs to get the everlast medium size bag. I like the bag but the bladder, not sure if you call it that?, has a hole already. Is there a better option for the inner liner

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by TimJames View Post
            Thank you for the input, now I have a new question. I installed my new ibox platform. I was advised by Balazs to get the everlast medium size bag. I like the bag but the bladder, not sure if you call it that?, has a hole already. Is there a better option for the inner liner
            Yes you can change the air bladder inside. Here is a link to Titleboxing.com speed bag equipment page. Notice on the bottom left there is a link to their bladders.

Well, to make it easier here is the Bladder page. Notice you can get either rubber or plastic. Both have their fans but I think most members here like the rubber bladders better.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...