• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

NovaSpeedBagger Are these the Hooks?

Nova, that swivel of yours sounds like a great idea, with the smaller ball, less surface space rubbing on the swivel base, less friction, these may be perfect for me, for one: with the less friction thing the bag should spin like a top. (i can't hit the bag for more than a couple of minutes without doing a spin) and like you were saying it's faster because of the smaller ball circumference.

And the fact that the swivel base doesn't need to be altered to fit the ball in.

Could a person Tap threads into the ball you use, so the everlast eyelet would thread in?

I wanted to ask you if these are the type Shower Curtain Hooks in the photos below that you used for the steel ball for your swivel?

I'm not sure, these look kinda small.

Thanks For any info you can give me on this. I'm really itching to have a ball hook swivel other than the plastic based ones.
    Attached Files
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Here's a video close-up of novaspeedbagger's swivel

Speedbag4life fell in love with nova's swivel. And I liked the swivel so much, I had one made from an old swivel. Trainer Raul took off the s-hook and cut a slice in the eye hook so I could slide the nylon tie onto it. I love it for punch-drumming. You can set the zip tie to whatever length is comfortable for you.

His swivel definitely got a lot of action by SB II. I think Skunk, Speedbag Ataraxis and Alan each spent some time hitting on his Ringside bag and swivel.

So nova showed Speedbag4life how he made his custom swivel and I managed to capture it on tape. The only thing is, I didn't realize that my camera was sideways during the filming. If it becomes a problem viewing this, just tilt your head to the right.

And I'm sure nova (if he sees this thread) will expand on it a little more.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Those are the ones!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
      Nova, that swivel of yours sounds like a great idea, with the smaller ball, less surface space rubbing on the swivel base, less friction, these may be perfect for me, for one: with the less friction thing the bag should spin like a top. (i can't hit the bag for more than a couple of minutes without doing a spin) and like you were saying it's faster because of the smaller ball circumference.

And the fact that the swivel base doesn't need to be altered to fit the ball in.

Could a person Tap threads into the ball you use, so the everlast eyelet would thread in?

I wanted to ask you if these are the type Shower Curtain Hooks in the photos below that you used for the steel ball for your swivel?

I'm not sure, these look kinda small.

Thanks For any info you can give me on this. I'm really itching to have a ball hook swivel other than the plastic based ones.
      Yes these are the hooks and the ball is partly drilled when you pull it off the hook. I'm sure you could tap the hole that is already partially drilled. I like the nut configuration because it is easier to assemble and it has never given me a problem. I add locklite which ensures that the nut will not loosen during use.

I'll post some more on this in the near future.
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

Thanks Nova for the info on the shower hooks. i think i will try using the nut on the eyelet bolt like you did. It does seem like it would be easier. I look forward to more info on your swivel.

what model of swivel did you use for yours, is it the everlast chainlink that came with your elite everlast platform? those are kind of rare right now, so i was thinking of using the ringside model (picture below next to the everlast)that looks alot like the everlast. i think the ringside swivel was like their version of the everlast chainlink swiv. It looks like a tough bugger. heavy. not sure if the everlast is more low profile than the ringside, or if that is just the camera's lens.

it would be nice to build a few of these for my swivel collection. (i only have two at the moment, both plastic based, one with JC's killer metal ball)
        Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...