X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Links Chain Link Swivel

I prefer the chain link swivels because of their speed and I only use for straight punches for boxing workout.

Has anyone tried the chain link swivel from Valor Athletics/Fitness?

We are Valor Fitness, providing strength and conditioning equipment nationwide to beginner and professional athletes of all kinds! Our goal is to deliver quality fitness products at an affordable price, while building stronger communities and inspiring others to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Comes with the CA-2 Platform

I used this swivel for a short period of time when I first mounted the CA-2 platform that I purchased awhile back. It was very fast for a straight boxing style speed bag workout. But I have since gone to the ball hook. I have the powermill mounted on that platform now.
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

looking at the detailed photos, it looks like this chainlink might have more rebound arc than most chainlinks, causing it to be slower. i could be wrong though

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Can't say that I've found the ball hook swivel to be slower than a chain link. Seems you adjust to the ball hook pretty quickly. Anyone here think a ball hook is truly slower?

Comment

• Allentown
          • Oct 2010

Thanks Paranday

I do find the ball hook to be slower than the U-Bolt and the chain link swivel

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            i also find the ball hook to be slower than the u-bolt. if there was no ball hook and i had to chose between the chainlink and u-bolt i would go with the u-bolt. but i love my ball&hook and will never hit on anything else...ralph
            Without Ballhook swivels I'd probably go with the old style chainlink. I have less trouble on it than a U-bolt. U-bolt is only useful to me if I tape the bag in the center. I find the bag just slips and slides around too much on the the U bar. Just me though.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

This old fart has to agree with Alan. Of the U-bolt and chainlink, I have fewer issues when hitting on the chainlink.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                This old fart has to agree with Alan. Of the U-bolt and chainlink, I have fewer issues when hitting on the chainlink.
                I guess that makes two old farts for a chainlink. Three may get us arrested!
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Allentown
                  • Oct 2010

You guys aren't old just experienced.

Comment

• Allentown
                    • Oct 2010

I just received this swivel from Valor Fitness yesterday. It is very heavy duty and a well made chain-link swivel. I like it.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                      ...i'm just the opposite when i started trying to hit the bag more at an angle the chainlink binded (kinked on me) more than the u-bolt and the loop floating on the u-bolt seemed to help me hit more at an angle than the chainlink...ralph
                      The only explanation for that is your hands are crooked or hitting the bag at wierd angles to overcome the default movements of these swivels. Certainly not natural.

(...just kidding)
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Allentown
                        • Oct 2010

your probably right. King
                        HA HA HA

Comment

• kenk
                          • Dec 2012

Allentown: I have 8 valor chain link swivels...one for each bag, makes changing over very easy...just screw in new bag, maybe adjust platform height, and you're ready to go...I had to return at least half of my swivels, because the ball bearing was binding...after getting all swivels working smooth and fast, the speedbagging was fast and easy...no trouble hitting sideways, that I can see... I think because the swivel is able to rotate around quickly enough to keep the same pivot point in play...I'll try to send some videos of my son hitting "bible style"...I don't see an issue with the chain link at this point....
                          OBTW...I needed a swivel that makes no noise, since the platform is in my finished basement and can't have noise throughout house...this chain link is noise free, and it meets my needs
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by kenk View Post
                            Allentown: I have 8 valor chain link swivels...one for each bag, makes changing over very easy...just screw in new bag, maybe adjust platform height, and you're ready to go...I had to return at least half of my swivels, because the ball bearing was binding...after getting all swivels working smooth and fast, the speedbagging was fast and easy...no trouble hitting sideways, that I can see... I think because the swivel is able to rotate around quickly enough to keep the same pivot point in play...I'll try to send some videos of my son hitting "bible style"...I don't see an issue with the chain link at this point....
                            OBTW...I needed a swivel that makes no noise, since the platform is in my finished basement and can't have noise throughout house...this chain link is noise free, and it meets my needs
                            That is a beautiful setup. Amazing board!

Since this is a home setup, not subject to a mass audience, the separate chainlinks (one per bag) can work, however it has been my experience in public or high use areas that lots of people screwing the their bag attachments into the base plate (on the board) will quickly fall prey to someone cross threading the pair, try and force it to work, and ruin them both, certainly the base plate. I've fought many cross threaded battles years ago when people would screw and unscrew one bag and replace it with another.

IMO, older style chainlinks do not interfer with rebounding angles near as much as U-bolts. Both are very quiet swivel styles, but you might also consider the Deville #13 Ballhook, which if probably the quietest ballhook I've hit and dead on accurate in reaction.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• kenk
                              • Dec 2012

I agree that this screw-on chain link concept will only work in a home due to possible cross threading of the different bag swivels by less than conscientious users. It really does make changing bags a snap. Maybe a deville #13 ballhook is in my future anyway...
                              I'm real happy with the way the custom drum turned out...hits are very solid with a nice pleasing sound..and it looks way cool too!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...