Clear All
  • Mean05Stang
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2011

TKO Multi Station Stand - SPEED BAG REBOUND

I could really use some help here!

I just picked up a TKO Multi-Station stand seen here:

The speed bag does not rebound AT ALL!

What can I do to fix this? I'm assuming if I added a much heavier board it would help? Noob here so I don't know the proper lingo. Sorry! PLEASE HELP!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hello Mean05Stang. Welcome to the forum.

I Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but I don't think there is much you can do quickly to that stand to make it a LOT better. You might try a sand bag (25-30 lbs) over the top of the board to add a bit of weight and reduce (not stop) the board vibration, but the main problem is that single vertical pole setup and the way the board is connected. They tend to twist and sway and the sand on top will not stop that. Too much sand may actually accentuate that problem and perhaps tip the stand, so add a weight to the bottom on the other side from the rebound board.

the only way I can suggest to get some decent rebound is to create some type of stabilization for the upright pole. Here is a picture of another free standing frame under the "setup tips" (different model) and how I stabilized it with luggage straps. I haven't done any modification on one exactly like yours, but I've hit on enough of them to know they really need some type of board to floor stabilization.

I might also suggest another bag if it has that TKO bag on it, for they perform pretty badly also. Can't think of one decent bagger that hits a TKO bag. I had one for a while but my other bags unanimously voted it off the Island....

Several members have used these stands also (using them now) and they may have other suggestions.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-16-2011, 03:49 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mean05Stang View Post
      I could really use some help here!

I just picked up a TKO Multi-Station stand seen here:

The speed bag does not rebound AT ALL!

What can I do to fix this? I'm assuming if I added a much heavier board it would help? Noob here so I don't know the proper lingo. Sorry! PLEASE HELP!
      As Alan mentioned , these stand alone setups usually have a lot of vibration that will make baggin' much more challenging. I had an Everlast setup similar to this and adding 50lb sand bag on top helped a bit, but ultimately I had to ditch the whole setup and get something much more solid.

Having said that, is the bag inflated properly?

Can you post any video of you hitting the bag? We might be able to give you some pointers.

Also - keep practicing, while this type of setup isn't optimal, a great amount of progress can still be made.

Tim

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...