• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREGORY
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2011

Cleto reyes bag

Hello , i am new to the forum ,glad to be here.
    Had a question about a cleto reyes bag i have . I use a u bolt , the problem i seem to be having is i hit the bag straight forward repeatedly lets say and it has a tendency to keep turning to the side. The bag seems perfectly balanced , nice shape , straight loop but i cannot keep it going straight ahead no matter what. I have other bags but do not have this problem. Any suggestions ? Thanks
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by GREGORY View Post
    Hello , i am new to the forum ,glad to be here.
    Had a question about a cleto reyes bag i have . I use a u bolt , the problem i seem to be having is i hit the bag straight forward repeatedly lets say and it has a tendency to keep turning to the side. The bag seems perfectly balanced , nice shape , straight loop but i cannot keep it going straight ahead no matter what. I have other bags but do not have this problem. Any suggestions ? Thanks
    Do you mean the swivel keeps turning so the U bolt is at a different angle? To me that means you would hitting with the U bolt facing you in an open "U" position and then turns so the "U" faces away from you, and then the next punch would have the bag "slip" down the U, because your punch force is directly inline with the bottom of the Metal U. Of course, if the bag slips down the U or floats up off it then it will kill the rebound.

The above may or may not describe your problem, but for most U bolt issues I find the only fix is to Tape the bag to the U bar. Here is some information on that under the Speed-Precision swivel topic. Hope it helps.

my other suggestion would be to take that bag and try it on another swivel and see if it reacts the same way, turning the laces on way, either at or away from you. If the bag laces or "one area of the bag" always seems to align in a certain angle or position on the swivel than I would suspect that the bag is warped, and sometimes the bladder can be the culprit inside and you can't see it outside. But most warps are noticeable.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by GREGORY View Post
      ... I use a u bolt , the problem i seem to be having is i hit the bag straight forward repeatedly lets say and it has a tendency to keep turning to the side....Any suggestions ? Thanks
      How long have you been using this bag and swivel combination? Give it at least 2 weeks of daily practice and see if it is still a problem. The speed bag requires precision hitting and power delivery, you develop both of those via practice.

Comment

• GREGORY
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2011

Thanks to Speedbag and Tim for some great suggestions.

Comment

• Jim B.
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2021

My medium sized Cleto arrived today and I'm having the same problem. I'm using a U-swivel and it keeps turning to the right mid bounce. My similarly sized Title Super Fast speed bag doesn't have this problem.

Comment

• Pete
            • Nov 2020

The loops on those bags are more bulky and rigid than most. It might need to be broken in. I can't remember if mine did that as well. Conditioning the leather might help.
            Last edited by Pete; 04-28-2021, 09:37 AM. Reason: Sleep deprived grammar

Comment

• Jim B.
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2021

I've been giving it a hard twist in the opposite direction every now and then, and that seems to be keeping the bag moving true. The longer and narrower loops makes it easier to lose control. I'll have a lot of fun trying to master it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...