X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nav2809
    • Jul 2011

twisty screw thing on the swivel

ok a noob question here guys, what is the name of the SCREWING IN BIT (right at the top) for the swivel, that allows it to screw into the platform

it unscrews and screws in and carries the entire swivel when u take it off while the BASE of it stays on the platform (held in with the mini bolts)

sorry i sound so retarded right now but words cannot describe it lol

reason is i am looking for a swivel that will come with the same size base so it can just twist straight in, are they all universal like that?

also i feel like a donut, got the fighting sports bag, GREAT BAG, but still SLOW

so will need new swivel and definitely will need to reinforce my platform as it is THIN as hell

so basically i forked out 40quid on the BRACKETS it seems which is a P*** take

could have bought a GOOD platform for the same price and then bought everything else separately and been better off

oh well u live and you learn ey
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I think you mean the mounting flange? Unfortunately it's not a universal piece.Everlast fits Everlast, Ringside fits Ringside, etc etc.......

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      I think you mean the mounting flange? Unfortunately it's not a universal piece.Everlast fits Everlast, Ringside fits Ringside, etc etc.......
      Correct. With a two piece swivel swivel the bottom part has the movement arm (ball and hook or chainlink) and screws up into the base part with is attached to the board.

As Dutchman indicates their is virtually no interbrand compatibility. housing size and thread widths vary among them.

Just get a powermill and solve your swivel problems. JMO
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• nav2809
        • Jul 2011

thanks guys, till i make the money for a powermill, just going to get an everlast and bolt it in, thanks mrsmitts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...