X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reggabdeeps
    • Jun 2011

newb questions

hello, just started using a speedbag again at the local gym and really want to get better at it. having a problem switching hands but im still a newb.

Jumpcannon Evil swivel, curious if they make a threaded version so i can use at local gym (theirs seems a bit bulky, low quality, and lopsided). the ones i see are all permanently installed and not easy to swap out. if not, can you recommend another quality threaded swivel?

TITLE Wristwrap Leather Heavy Bag Gloves - i am considering getting these gloves so i can alternate rounds between the speed bag and the heavy bag. any one else use gloves or mitts?

i didn't notice an Classified section on this forum- does have some gently used bags for bags or swivels for a newbie? not looking for a stand since i will primarily be using at the local gym.
    Last edited by reggabdeeps; 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

My swivel is machined from solid steel. Its one piece and wont thread into another swivel
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• reggabdeeps
      • Jun 2011

ahh, and after reading some more i found out that the swivels are not at all interchangeable.

also found the classified section, my apologies, i am checking the site from work so i have to be quick about it.

would you recommend the 9x6 a good size for someone just starting?

pulled the trigger on the gloves, gonna need them anyway. as i progress im sure i'll need other gloves.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by reggabdeeps View Post
        TITLE Wristwrap Leather Heavy Bag Gloves - i am considering getting these gloves so i can alternate rounds between the speed bag and the heavy bag. any one else use gloves or mitts?
        If you mean the TITLE Wristwrap Leather Heavy Bag Gloves, I would say NO, only because the speed bag doesn't demand such gloves and most baggers that want hand protection would use a narrower, thinner glove for speed bag or hand wraps. It might be hard to have any feel for the speed bag with those on and passing that large bag "through" a 9x6 or smaller bag will be difficult.

When I use gloves (not often) I use This Harbinger classic wrist wrap. It is a weight lifting glove, not really a "bag glove". Certainly not for Heavybag, but I like the outer leather surface and the fact that there are no seams directly over any hitting surface of my hand.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• John M
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2011

I just started about 2 weeks ago and I use the cloth hand wraps my self.
          I enjoy those cause i can put on my heavy bag gloves over the wrist wrap for added wrist support since I have broken my wrist and had surgery I just want to be safer then sorry.

and I just got the speed bag bible from Alan Kahn so I am going to read and watch the DVD to pick up some pointers. ( btw thanks alan)

Now I just have to wait on jumpcannons to get some more swivels in

Comment

• reggabdeeps
            • Jun 2011

thanks for the input. probably just getting ahead of myself again.
            i have been using wraps up until now, i guess i can take an extra sec to put on gloves when working out.

Comment

• reggabdeeps
              • Jun 2011

well i did end up ordering a 9x6 bag however i am now beginning to think that i should have gotten something a bit smaller like a 7x4.... i guess i can always add it to the collect later.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...