• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

SPEED B.A.G. II has come to an end

Another year, another success. Much fun was had, we met some new friends as well as caught up with our friends from last year. I'll have pics, vids, etc. up when I get back to home base, but for now, the gym is empty, the trailer is packed and the speed bag trailer is headed to the world HQ for Balazs in Honey Brook PA to return the borrowed equipment.

The skill levels were off the charts this year. So many people improved so much from last year, it really was incredible. I'm looking forward to SPEED B.A.G. III already
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

A Great experience!

Tim, Speed Bag III was truly memorable experience! I am glad that I chose to attend

You did a remarkable job putting it all together! Thanks for you dedication and commitment to Art of Speed Bagging!
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Congrats! wish i could of met everyone there.
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Just have to pick up Piefurz at Best Western. Please don't forget. Thanks Tim.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Well worth the time and money to attend

I know you all have heard the refrain, "if at all possible, you should try to make it to Keyport, NJ."

I'm writing this from work – hope I don't get in trouble –...

The plane from Newark to Seattle has landed, but I'm still flying high!
          I love, love loved the event this year. It's on par with last year's, for sure! So many amazing people attended, making it all worth the time and effort to get there. Thank you Tim. Thank you Alan, Donnie, and everyone who helped make this event happen. Lots of great memories to look back upon. I have a perpetual smile on my face and I'm boring everybody at work with my trip back east. Can't wait to get off work and hurry back home to my (NEW) portable speed bag platform. Yes, "Trainer Raul" had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I'll share it later with you all in another thread.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

A very memorable event again! As Tim said, the baggin' skills were off the charts! It is really rewarding to see everyone gathered around the bags, helping each other. You could browse from one board to the next and pick up everyone's secrets or tips on "how they do what they do". Unreal combo's and variations of ways to pull them off. And whats up with Speedy Tommy T's Truck! Was that an awesome set up!! The double bag board that can be used vertical or horizontal overhead. Unbelievable!

The Punch Drumming skills of the group was also amazing. Dee, Nova and Speedbag4life were killin' it! By the events end lots of people had their bag "keeping the beat" with songs. And personal thanks to Novaspeedbagger, who taught me a really nice "drag beat" pattern in Basic Rhythm Punching. I never heard it in my own head before until he showed it to me, and now I can't get it out. Brian Tichy would be proud!

It was great to see so many forum members hanging out with each other. And the hospitality of Donnie just can't be overstated. He's even opening his basement to let Tim store all the gear for next year.

Great job, Tim on getting the stuff there and set up. And let's not forget Tim's Wife Carol, who has to put up with all this! The speed bag world owes these two a huge debt of gratitude.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedbag4life
              • Jun 2007

I can't say any more than Alan just did-- but I gratefully agree with all of it. I'm so glad I went, and am totally amazed and inspired by the talent and ingenuity from everyone there! Donnie, Tim, Carol, Alan, and everyone I met, thank you so much for all that you did to make it a great and memorable time.

Comment

• Over43
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2011

Are the Speedbag events always on the East Coast? And how close does Amtrak come to Keyport as I really dislike flying?

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Over43 View Post
                  Are the Speedbag events always on the East Coast? And how close does Amtrak come to Keyport as I really dislike flying?
                  Over, Last year SPEED B.A.G. 2010 (or SPEED B.A.G. I) was also at Real Gymm, in NJ. As well as this year - the reason being that the gym owner (Donnie Blanks) is a forum member and graciously let's us use his gym intensively for 3 or 4 days at minimal cost (not to mention long term storage of the equipment at no charge). We make a *HUGE* amount of noise that few other facilities that would put up with. We're 2-2 for getting broken up by the local police at these events

Earlier this year there was STL event in St. Louis.

SPEED B.A.G. III will be at Real Gymm again, as most of the equipment is now stored in the basement

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Over, Last year SPEED B.A.G. 2010 (or SPEED B.A.G. I) was also at Real Gymm, in NJ. As well as this year - the reason being that the gym owner (Donnie Blanks) is a forum member and graciously let's us use his gym intensively for 3 or 4 days at minimal cost (not to mention long term storage of the equipment at no charge). We make a *HUGE* amount of noise that few other facilities that would put up with. We're 2-2 for getting broken up by the local police at these events

Earlier this year there was STL event in St. Louis.

SPEED B.A.G. III will be at Real Gymm again, as most of the equipment is now stored in the basement
                    One more after midnight raid and we'll be on the Keyport Police Christmas card mailing list..... Good thing the officers were also gym members
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Vegas7
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the Tri-State Area Folks.....LOL Now for sure I will have to make sure I make it SBIII to next year!

Comment

• Over43
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jun 2011

That is all good. I was watching the "film" (an anacronym, I know...) of the set up and couldn't help think what a lot of work that was.

If I can save some money I''ll ride the Amtrak to New York City, or the closest stop to Key Port and stay at the Best Western.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Over43 View Post
                          That is all good. I was watching the "film" (an anacronym, I know...) of the set up and couldn't help think what a lot of work that was.

If I can save some money I''ll ride the Amtrak to New York City, or the closest stop to Key Port and stay at the Best Western.
                          Over 43, I took AMTrack from DC, about 3 hours. There's a stop that they said is 10 miles to Hazlet, 11 to Keyport. It cost me $45 in taxi to Best Western. Well worth the trip. Thanks to fellow baggers you can bum a ride to and from Real Gymm. Bag on to Speed Bag III.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...