Alan will be in Orlando on Saturday 5/26 - who is up for a get together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Alan will be in Orlando on Saturday 5/26 - who is up for a get together?

Alan (Speedbag) is going to be in Orlando on Saturday May 26th. I'm making arrangements for us to have a public get together at a local boxing gym... i.e. we'll have 2 or more speed bag platforms available for some quality hands on instruction from the master

Who in Florida can make it???? We'll have some quality time under the board for an hour or two (or three) and then we'll head to a local eatery perhaps.

Actual time and location is to be determined, I'll be pounding the pavement this weekend to scout out locations. If we can get at least 3 or 4 people to commit to this I think it's a feasible idea.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Maybe. I'll be able to tell you tomorrow for sure when I get to work and look at my calendar

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I'm in.

As soon as you solidify the plans, let us know so I can make reservations for the flights.

Thank you for making this happen

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

My goal is to have a location locked in by Saturday... I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Made some cold calls on my lunch break and I'm scouting out two possible locations tonight. Seems like most of the boxing gyms in Orlando have gone out of business Several are very "part time" - 3 days a week, 5-8 pm etc.

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

I don't feel so bad that the only boxing gym that we had in our town went out of business.

Check out the larger YMCA's in your area. In our town, the Y bought all the equipment when the boxing gym went out of business.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

We've got a gracie jiu jitsu gym (actually 2 of them) ... I'm going to stop by tomorrow

My biggest requirement is 2 or more speed bag platforms that are either adjustable or of varying height. My old gym in Brandon (now closed0 had 2 different platforms at 2 different heights.

Comment

• shaunx
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2007

damn!

Why havn't I gotten into this topic forum right here...was just asking are there any events.....I'm from NY but I'm moving to Tennessee on Sunday, the 27th. There're really aren't any speed baggers out there since i been out there, so I'm going to have to bring it to them, and since i personal train for physical fitness, of course thats absolutely going to be part of the training as well.

but.....
                Are there any events coming around in the future?
                Last edited by shaunx; 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot to type something in.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shaunx View Post
                  Why havn't I gotten into this topic forum right here...was just asking are there any events.....I'm from NY but I'm moving to Tennessee on Sunday, the 27th. There're really aren't any speed baggers out there since i been out there, so I'm going to have to bring it to them, and since i personal train for physical fitness, of course thats absolutely going to be part of the training as well.

but.....
                  Are there any events coming around in the future?
                  Hey Shaunx,

I personally don't have anything scheduled in Tennessee at the moment. This seminar in Orlando is happening mostly because I'm in Orlando this week on business (my job sent me here..) and SpeedBagForums administrator (Tim) lives here and got a local Gym (LA Boxing) to hold the event. We thought it would be a great idea for a meet and greet. My travel plans are taking me (perhaps) to San Diego in August.

I lived in Memphis for many years and know there were some baggers there, unless they moved. they learned from the same man that taught me at Memphis State University. when I get back home to my "main" computer, I'll scan my business software to see if I have any speed bag contacts in Tennessee. Where in Tennessee are you moving to?
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    My travel plans are taking me (perhaps) to San Diego in August.
                    Keep us posted on this one, especially if you think you'd be able to make it up to Los Angeles/Santa Monica/Venice....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                      Keep us posted on this one, especially if you think you'd be able to make it up to Los Angeles/Santa Monica/Venice....
                      looks like it will be August 21 - 24th. I'm limited on Transportation, so doubt I will be able to drive to Santa Monica.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• shaunx
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2007

moving tooo.....

memphis...midtown.

Comment

• shaunx
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          Hey Shaunx,

I personally don't have anything scheduled in Tennessee at the moment. This seminar in Orlando is happening mostly because I'm in Orlando this week on business (my job sent me here..) and SpeedBagForums administrator (Tim) lives here and got a local Gym (LA Boxing) to hold the event. We thought it would be a great idea for a meet and greet. My travel plans are taking me (perhaps) to San Diego in August.

I lived in Memphis for many years and know there were some baggers there, unless they moved. they learned from the same man that taught me at Memphis State University. when I get back home to my "main" computer, I'll scan my business software to see if I have any speed bag contacts in Tennessee. Where in Tennessee are you moving to?

memphis..tennessee

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shaunx View Post
                            memphis..tennessee

Great Town. I lived in Memphis for 10 years. I really like the midtown area.
                            I do get back there occassionally for reunions and to see family in eastern Arkansas.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

Memphis a fun town. If you've never been to Graceland, you've got to go, even if you're not an Elvis fan.

Bealle Street and The Rendezvous BBQ is a must see also. Best BBQ I've ever had and I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...