• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Speed Bag Momments

Something that seems to be happening more frequently when I bag these days, which is not a heck of a lot (I try and get in a few hits a week if I can, and it's mainly only on the weekend ), is bag spins, and I'm not talkin about helicopters. I mean the type of bag spins that Dee Pooler can do, but the dang thing is I'm not trying to do them (I wish I could), and their often coming of the tail end of a series of single rebound combinations. Now if it were to just happen once every 6-8 weeks I would be thinkin, 'hey cool' but lately, at times it's happened 3-4 times in a 2min sesch.

Sometimes it's a bit weird cause I'd have both arms, elbows and fist up in front of me and I be swing'n and sway'n away with all the motion and flow, then all of a sudden the bags gone. Not only has it been removed from my line of sight for that instance ie. not being where my eyes expect it to be, but I cain't even hear the dang thing rebounding either. So I drop my arms to recompose only to find the dang bag spinning in front of me.

I just thought I'd share that with yuz!
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    Something that seems to be happening more frequently when I bag these days, which is not a heck of a lot
    ... it's a bit weird cause I'd have both arms, elbows and fist up in front of me and I be swing'n and sway'n away with all the motion and flow, then all of a sudden the bags gone. Not only has it been removed from my line of sight for that instance ie. not being where my eyes expect it to be, but I cain't even hear the dang thing rebounding either. So I drop my arms to recompose only to find the dang bag spinning in front of me.

I just thought I'd share that with yuz!
    Whoa! The bag is there, then it disappears from sight and sound, then reappears a moment later. This use to happen to me also, and probably happens to most baggers but they don't remember it. You become mesmerized by the afterimages of the bag and repetitive sound of the rebounds. You are drawn deeper into the punching experience, which becomes the key to your minds imagination. And then, without warning, you cross over into "The Speed Bag Zone".

It can last for minutes or hours, but will often seem like only a second or two. They actually made a TV series based on this very phenomenon, but changed the name because they thought few people would recognize the speed bag.

The other reason could be that your bag is "not alone", but occupied by an unseen spirit or some type of amorphic presence. It may be injected from the pump or perhaps the bag got slimed without your knowledge. Either way, it's no laughing matter when it's your bag. With the recent upsurge in paranormal sightings and TV shows, I put some of my bags together and got abormal reading with my EMF detectors. After that I took some training in paranormal photograhy, and took pictures every night for two weeks. The results were pretty positive for bag inhabitants. Look closely at the comparison and you can see three bags that are "not alone".

Don't tell Skunk. I gave him the white one .

Good luck. Getting them out of there is another story and punching them just makes them mad.
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm not sure, Roc, but I think instead of an "out of body experience" you must have had an "out of bag" experience

I've never experienced anything like you're describing, Roc. But, I can tell you this. I have indeed lost my bag a few times while punching. The bad thing is, my nose always found it. (ouch)
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

I be dammed

That'd be why I could never capture these paranormal elapses in time on video. OMG, I wonder what direction the bag is spinning

Yeh, I think the only entry fee into speed bag utopia is that all members be a speed bag savant, that way you can be out of body, out of bag, no one here really minds what you're out of

Am I right?

... swell

neat

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I be dammed

That'd be why I could never capture these paranormal elapses in time on video. OMG, I wonder what direction the bag is spinning

Yeh, I think the only entry fee into speed bag utopia is that all members be a speed bag savant, that way you can be out of body, out of bag, no one here really minds what you're out of
          "A speed Bag Savant, out of body of bag experience.."

I don't think I have never heard it put quite so eloquently

Am I right?
          Why - Yes. Yes, I think you are right.

We have a saying in the states:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Good one, Roc.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

When that happens, you can only see the bag in a reflection. That is why Ms D keeps that mirror mounted next to her platform.

Comment

• Roc Stone
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2007

As of today the Aus $1.00 climbed to US $1.075.

You better make it a buck & 1/2...

Comment

• newbagger
                • May 2010

I think you guys need to find a good bagorcist.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

As of today the Aus $1.00 climbed to US $1.075.

You better make it a buck & 1/2...
                  OK, I'd buy that for a Dollar and a half!
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
                    I think you guys need to find a good bagorcist.
                    The BAGORCIST. Very Clever! I've never heard of such a thing. But I guess if a trained priest also hits the speed bag then it could be possible. On the other hand, it would probably be cheaper to just buy another bag, and keep the demon locked up in the old one.

By the way, try to punch drum to this. It's hard to feel that bag beat in it, but it's in a wierd time signature for speed bag (7/8 I think).
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Seriously and a bit of humor at the end

Hey Roc, if you are using a ball hook, and I assume you are.....check your eye hook and the s-hook for wear. Some times I wear down the eye hook or the s-hook so much that the bag starts to curve a bit when rebounding.This cuz of the wear caused by the friction in the connection of the eye and s-hooks. Also, a couple of my speed bags are a bit less then perfectly round and if it hits a high spot on the fat part of the bag, it can cause my hits to be a bit off and result in spinning. Most of the time it's my own inaccuracy but some times I'll slow it down to evaluate the problem and find the bag has a high spot that causes this . I've notice that even ball hook swivels will tend to track to a spot and stay there when hitting in the traditional boxing style, over the shoulder way. I think the bags have something to do with that because of the shape of the bag. I am not saying that I know this is the problem, but from watching so many rebounds and trying different bags and swivels I come to this theory in reference to your question.

Just my humble opinion.....that's why I often eliminate the s-hook and use a zip tie to attach the bag loop to the eye hook. deano recommended this to me an it seems to work great however, if the bag is out of round I'll still get the spinning effect even though I feel that I am using pretty solid technique.

Hope this helps some mate......I also called in the slime unit but that just mucked up my bag and I still had the same problem when I cleaned up the joint
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                        When that happens, you can only see the bag in a reflection. That is why Ms D keeps that mirror mounted next to her platform.
                        Yup. You got that right, aad...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey Roc, Alan and Dee! Just wanted to say hi!
                          Haven't been on in a while here...
                          But I still hit the bag here and there... not much time....
                          Still bringing it on the road in the equipment truck as long as they have room.
                          If not, I'll figure another way out....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Hey Roc, Alan and Dee! Just wanted to say hi!
                            Haven't been on in a while here...
                            But I still hit the bag here and there... not much time....
                            Still bringing it on the road in the equipment truck as long as they have room.
                            If not, I'll figure another way out....
                            What about Richardson Texas, May 22 2011, Wildflower festival, Whitesnake closes the show, 6:30p

Whitesnake 6:30p.
                            Presented by 100.3 Jack FM
                            metroPCS Stage
                            ++++++++++++++++++

Me and Brother plan on being there Saturday and Sunday 'cause lots of good bands. Guess who, Little River, REO, Roger Creager, Whitesnake (Creager is country but my step-daughter is or was dating him occassionally so I guess I need to go listen, ha) Anyway, maybe we can do some backstage baggin' if your able.

Any baggers close to Dallas, take note.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...