X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Fighting Sports 8x5 (White)

I replaced the bladder in one of my FS 8x5 bags with a Ringside medium latex bladder, and it makes a pretty nice combo. The latex bladder definitely puts more bounce in the bag, which helps alot on those inward elbows. I don't know if anyone else has already tried this, but the Ringside bladders have a nice feel/weight.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
    I replaced the bladder in one of my FS 8x5 bags with a Ringside medium latex bladder, and it makes a pretty nice combo. The latex bladder definitely puts more bounce in the bag, which helps alot on those inward elbows. I don't know if anyone else has already tried this, but the Ringside bladders have a nice feel/weight.
    I've got a buddy in florida who swears by the ringside bladders. In fact he puts one size larger bladder inside his bags so it won't stress the bladder when he inflates. He says it makes the bladders last longer with lots of different folks pounding his bags.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

This is good to know. Thanks for posting this!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• toolboxdiver
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
        yep great tip

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I've got a buddy in florida who swears by the ringside bladders. In fact he puts one size larger bladder inside his bags so it won't stress the bladder when he inflates. He says it makes the bladders last longer with lots of different folks pounding his bags.
          Is there a replacement bladder that would work with the Everlast 4205 (13" x 10")? I bought a 1984 NOS Everlast 4205* recently, but the red plastic bladder it came with was defective. I love that model bag !

*The original price tag on it was something like $77. Did they really cost that much in the 1980s?

Comment

• jumpcannon
            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I love that fighting sports bag. I won mine at St. Loius at a raffle drawing. I put that bag in my top 3 favorite bags.
            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Yes, that was the retail on the 4205 and 4207 in the early 1980's. I remember this as I bought my first 4207 from a membership store. The price tag had the MSRP on it then their price (which was about $45 as I recall). As far as Ringside offering a bladder that would work in those bags that would be great, but they've never sold a bag that was anywhere near that big. I've used the Everlast orange rubber bladder for the 4208 in both my 4207's with success, but I doubt that it would fill a 4205.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                ...The price tag had the MSRP on it then their price (which was about $45 as I recall).
                I got my recent 4205 for $16 delivered. I just remembered, I have a spare Genesport big bag, a defective one, but it has a good bladder. Might work.

Wish I could liven up my Title big blue bag. That thing hits like a sack of cement.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Is there a replacement bladder that would work with the Everlast 4205 (13" x 10")? I bought a 1984 NOS Everlast 4205* recently, but the red plastic bladder it came with was defective. I love that model bag !

*The original price tag on it was something like $77. Did they really cost that much in the 1980s?
                  Yeah Paranday, I replaced bladders from 2 older speedbags I had from the late 70's, early 80's. An everlast and a tuf-wear bag. I used rubber bladders (I think they were Title bladders), anyway, they worked great. The older (tuf-wear) bag is a great bag 9x6, it still hits great, I donated the old everlast (It didn't have much wear and cleaned up like new) to speedbag 2010. Either way you can find bladders to fit just about any bag (they will tell you what bags they'll work on). Good luck!
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

FS 8x5

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                    I love that fighting sports bag. I won mine at St. Loius at a raffle drawing. I put that bag in my top 3 favorite bags.
                    Yeah Ryan, that's a great bag! I really like mine too, it's light but not too light and has good rebound! I won the Title Gyro Balanced 8x5 at the St. Louis raffle. Have'nt hit it yet but I hear good things about them.
                    I've got a lit of 8x5 bags, it's a great all around size for doing advanced techniques type stuff, I like the smaller ones for speed!
                    "If you're baggin', you aint laggin'!" Bag on!!
                    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• jumpcannon
                      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

yea...8x5 is probably my favorite size
                      Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                      Yeah Ryan, that's a great bag! I really like mine too, it's light but not too light and has good rebound! I won the Title Gyro Balanced 8x5 at the St. Louis raffle. Have'nt hit it yet but I hear good things about them.
                      I've got a lit of 8x5 bags, it's a great all around size for doing advanced techniques type stuff, I like the smaller ones for speed!
                      "If you're baggin', you aint laggin'!" Bag on!!
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post

That's a big one and haven't seen a 4205 in a while. I'm not sure where you could find a bladder that big.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...