• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

question on the alphabet

How would I write out a reverse punch?

Example, I punch through the bag with the RCP - then after 2 rebounds I hit in reverse through the bag, is this RCP''RRP? RRP = right reverse punch? Or is this written a different way?

I am mailing my check for the bible so I'll be able to get my own dictionary/bible, thank you in advance for any help educating me until then ; )
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I've got the bible but I'm not sure what you are doing. Take a look at Alan's speed bag central web site. He provides a lot of information to get you started before you get the bible. His avatar should have the link or just click on the banner wherever you see it. He will most likely reply to you also. Happy baggin.
    Last edited by PIEFURZ; 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Written a different way...Example:

FCP''RSP (Front circle punch)''(Reverse single punch)
      Last edited by jumpcannon; 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM.
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Inkspill
        • Dec 2010

Thanks! My laptop is not connecting and my phone browser isn't loading the basics from the central site, so I wasn't able to review.

RSP! Thanks for the help!

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Then you just place a letter R or L over each command for the hand your hitting with. Doing front double punches (FDP) would have 2 letters R-L or L-R for your lead fist and trailing fist.
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Inkspill
            • Dec 2010

Ok I think I'm getting it

R-L___L_________L-R___R
            FDP''RSP''LCP'''FDP''RSP''RCP

I didn't indicate a side above RCP or LCP, as I understand that is right circle punch and left circle punch respectively
            Last edited by Inkspill; 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
              How would I write out a reverse punch?

Example, I punch through the bag with the RCP - then after 2 rebounds I hit in reverse through the bag, is this RCP''RRP? RRP = right reverse punch? Or is this written a different way?
              These are not the abbreviations I use in the Speed Bag Bible (SBB) system, but they certainly work for your own personal system.

where you say RRP = Right Reverse Punch, I would say Reverse Single Punch (RSP). the word "single" in my system indicates ONE fist, and a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) indicates two (both) fists.

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
              I am mailing my check for the bible so I'll be able to get my own dictionary/bible, thank you in advance for any help educating me until then ; )

In my system each technique has a NAME and a corresponding ABBREVIATION that I use to represent it in written combinations. The abbreviations will have two or three lines, depending on if the technique includes elbows and fists.

Here is the page on the basic system I use for writing combinations.

Here on the forum sometimes I even shorthand the abbreviation system to use one line, since it is hard to get letters to align correctly over each other in HTML

I would normally write a combination such as: A Right Fist hitting a Front Straight Punch (FSP), followed by a Right then left fist hitting a Front Double Punch (FDP) after three rebounds ( ' ' ' ) as

...R..........R-L...
              (FSP) ' ' ' (FDP)

But online, the HTML spacing requires the ...... between the fists letters "R" and the R-L to keep the spacing right. That can be very time consuming and if the letters in both lines don't "line up over the technique", it can become almost meaningless. therefore, online here I may indicate the above combination in one line as: (R_FSP) ' ' ' (R-L_FCP)

it's even harder online using the third (bottom line) with the Elbow-Fist designation. A Right Lead Outward-Triple Elbow Strike (O-TES) to a Left lead Downward-Triple Elbow Strike (D-TES) after three rebounds ( ' ' ' ) would be

..R-R\L......... L\R-R
              (O-TES) ' ' ' (D-TES)
              ..e-f\f.......... f\e-f

The top line (arm) and bottom line (Fist or elbow) have to align over each other or the abbreviations become meaningless. Going back and forth from "preview post" to see if they align is very time consuming, and adding three or four more techniques into the written combination can become a long drawn out process - So I don't do it much here. Actually it also took many tests prints to see if they lined up on the pages in the book. I test printed thousands of pages over the course of writing it.

I admit long flowing combinations on the speed bag look very complicated in written form. But imagine trying to write down some of your own punching combinations so someone else can replicate them. Not an easy task, I assure you. My own system, to include all fists, elbows and rebounds took several years to create.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-09-2011, 02:23 PM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Inkspill
                • Dec 2010

thanks for the tips Speed Bag. I appreciate the explanation and time you've put into developing your system and educating me : )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...