• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by righty View Post
    Thanks again for all the help! I went ahead and placed an order (before coming back here to see that Jump makes them).

I ordered these two things (not from everlast but they have good pictures)

The bag I ordered is a Medium which is 9x6. We'll see what happens! Who knows, I may have made a mistake but live and learn
    Welcome to the forum. Nice swivel to learn the basics on. It won't take to punches from the sides but is great for front and back punching. Get some leather conditioner for the bag, you'll find pictures on the forum on how this bag cracks. It will probably also leak slowly from the valve but should last thru workouts. Mine developed holes also in the top under the tongue. Get a medium replacement bladder from Title for when it eventually goes bad, less than $5. Not to bad list the bag totally, it does hit okay and you can learn combinations on it. Unless you just hit for a cardio workout, like most of us you will be shopping around for the perfect bag once you get some experience. Speed bag equipment is like vehicles, they have different qualities and serve different purposes and you will probably end up with different kinds parked in your garage. Enjoy the ride!!

Comment

• righty
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2011

Thanks again

Well, the good news is I got everything all set up. I ended up getting a dual station thing (one side is the heavy bag, one side is the speedbag). I assembled it and it looks good. It came with a piece of garbage swivel (looked like all plastic). I swapped it with the swivel I bought (linked above).

In all honesty, I haven't had a lot of time to practice but the speed bag is a challenge for me. It's everything I hoped for, lol, in that I was looking for a challenge. I'll report back some more. Thanks again for all the help and welcome.

Can anyone recommend a decent workout (I have a heavy bag, speedbag, and jump rope).

Thanks!

Comment

• Unreal
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        He may even trade you one for a nice truck - and probably let you keep the tire!.

Just kidding. The truck would be useless without the tires.
        Great post I learned alot.

Thanks for the laugh! lol

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

You can get a really good workout with the heavy bag, speed bag, and rope. I'm not Floyd Mayweather or anything, but here's what I do:

- about 5 minutes on the speedbag just to get the joints moving a little bit
          - 2 minute round on the heavy bag, throwing realistic combos, not just flailing my arms around
          - 2 minute round with the rope
          - 30 sit-ups of some sort

Then I will do 3 sets of 3 different exercises targeting whichever muscle group I am working that day (bicep curls, pull-ups, upright row,...)

Then another set on the speed bag (2 minutes this time), heavy bag, rope, sit ups.

Another 3 sets of 3 different excercises for the same muscle groups. Then repeat the bags, rope sit ups series one last time. I'd recommend bag gloves for the heavy bag. It will protect your hands, and the added weight increases hand speed when you go back to the speed bag.

*Shave chest and get a nice tan.
          *=optional

At some point, you'll want to go with a platform mounted to the wall, and a heavy bag hanging from the ceiling. There really is a world of difference. Good luck, and happy training.
          Last edited by aad03; 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• righty
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
            Welcome to the forum...<snip>
            Thanks so much for the feedback. Your comment about the swivel was the first thing I noticed when I opened it! I shall start with it and go from there.

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
            You can get a really good workout with the heavy bag, speed bag, and rope. <snip>
            Excellent, thanks for the workout. Is there a thread where people share workouts? I may order the speed bag bible/DVD, does that have workouts in it?

I hear you on the platform setup. I went back and forth, this was just more convenient at this point. I can see how wall/ceiling mounted would certainly be better but so it goes! The other problem is the ceilings are too low to jump rope so I'd have to go up the garage most likely to get enough clearance. Not ideal but again, it's all good!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...