Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

I would definitely be interested in buying one, possibly two. What makes it custom? Would we get "Speed Bag Forums" or something sewn into the leather? Or some type of embroidery? For that I would def' buy 2. I'm a little too busy these days to head this one up but after a week or so I can look into it

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      I had contacted thesportsdoctor over a year ago and they had no bags on hand. They told me they hadn't had orders in a while. They were going to make a few 8x5's and send them to me. I never heard from them, and never got the bags. I'd love to try them. The owner, Johnny Golomb is the grandson of the man who started Everlast.
      Awesome looking bags but sorry i cannot commit to buying one right now. i used to have a kangaroo skin baseball glove and loved it so these bags are probably very good too.
      ________
      SecretSmile
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Legacy Boxing and Kangaroo bags

go to the bottom of this page link, and read the about the "Everlast Legacy" and Johnny's story. Kind of a legend in the glove niche.

The Sports Doctor (* look at the bottom of link)
        Custom Sporting Goods Mfg., Inc ®
        728 East 136th Street, Bronx, NY 10454
        phone: 800-234-5542
        FAX 718-665-8830
        Last edited by Speedbag; 03-28-2007, 09:07 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

awesome link my old roo skin glove was made by nokona and my friend got it for me in austraila.
          ________
          Group Sex Cams
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Roscoe
            • May 2006

Kangaroo Bags

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
            I would definitely be interested in buying one, possibly two. What makes it custom? Would we get "Speed Bag Forums" or something sewn into the leather? Or some type of embroidery? For that I would def' buy 2. I'm a little too busy these days to head this one up but after a week or so I can look into it
            OK, since I brought it up..... Called John G. in NY this morning and left a voice mail regarding the purchase of several bags. No sense going further with a count yet until we know if he is still in the bag business. "What makes it custom?" The fact that it is made from kanga's and not cows I suppose.

We'll see what is what (or not) if and when he calls back.

Roscoe

Comment

• jaguiler
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2007

the Roo bag is nice... I wish it would come in a natural leather color - like brown.... like the baseball gloves... that would be sweet !! not to keen on red or blk....
              etiher way depending on $$ I am in....

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Alan, is there any chance you could contact Mr. Golomb and ask him if he's interested in selling some bags and if so, what his minimum order would be in order to make a batch?

I'd be willing to front the money *perhaps* depending on how many bags were needed and what the cost is. Then I'd sell the bags to anyone on here for cost + actual shipping charges.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Custom bag

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                  Alan, is there any chance you could contact Mr. Golomb and ask him if he's interested in selling some bags and if so, what his minimum order would be in order to make a batch?

I'd be willing to front the money *perhaps* depending on how many bags were needed and what the cost is. Then I'd sell the bags to anyone on here for cost + actual shipping charges.
                  I have already emailed him via their email contact address.

It would be great to get a "speedbagforum" bag, but don't sell the other equipment companies short either. You'd be surprised who reads this forum. Particular when they receive emails featuring links to very positive feedback by members here on the forum. Balazs was really excited about this forum's reviews of their I-BOX system. You 'd be surprised what a company might do when their products start getting featured in a positive light.

But when I spoke to Johnny Golomb last year, he was very positive about making several custom "roo" bags for me to try. No doubt he got sidetracked, and I didn't really push the issue as I was heading into a shoulder surgery anyway. By the time I was really physically able to put one onhook, the idea had fallen off my radar also. But ideas never die, they just get postponed.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roscoe
                    • May 2006

Brown Bagging It

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                    the Roo bag is nice... I wish it would come in a natural leather color - like brown.... like the baseball gloves... that would be sweet !! not to keen on red or blk....
                    etiher way depending on $$ I am in....

A bag in a natural past-time brown made from kangroo would be sweet as pie.

Roscoe

Comment

• eoneel
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2007

My favorite bag is the Everlast 6x4 inch. It's nice and small like a peanut.

Comment

• Clint
                        • Apr 2007

First post

I use a bag by Jim Bradley out of Australia ( jimbradley.com.au ) . Nicest one I've found. About a 9 x 6 with the seams stitched on the inside. Good feel, true action and real fast. First bag I had was the 4200 by Everlast but the big seams made it too unstable and twitchy. I use it on a Top Professional Heavy Duty Pro Swivel from Everlast. Jim Bradley has an interesting swivel made from Polycarbon that's really fast too.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• jaguiler
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2007

wow - this is a nice bag ... roo skin too

but it is $121 AUS - I wonder how much that is in US $$ ? Shipping can;t be that much...

Comment

• Chris M
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                            wow - this is a nice bag ... roo skin too

but it is $121 AUS - I wonder how much that is in US $$ ? Shipping can;t be that much...
                            $121 AUS converts to $98.95 USD.

Maybe it's me or the lighting, but that bag looks lopsided?

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                              I use a bag by Jim Bradley out of Australia ( jimbradley.com.au ) . Nicest one I've found. About a 9 x 6 with the seams stitched on the inside. Good feel, true action and real fast. First bag I had was the 4200 by Everlast but the big seams made it too unstable and twitchy. I use it on a Top Professional Heavy Duty Pro Swivel from Everlast. Jim Bradley has an interesting swivel made from Polycarbon that's really fast too.
                              It appears that the bag and swivel are all one piece in that picture, is that correct?

Nevermind, I went out to the website and saw a better picture and it's kind of an optical illusion. I do like the fact that the ball is so close to the board with that swivel.
                              Last edited by Chris M; 04-06-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                                • Sep 2006

g'day m8, got any bags made outta Dingo?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...