X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssdvc
    • Oct 2010

Title Platinum Atomic

Got my XS Title Atomic like three days after I order it. Damn quick shipping ! Thanks!

I pulled it out today and inflated it to 4 psi. For the brief few minutes I had it up, that bag is really fast ! It will take a bit of time to get used to it, but I am glad I made the purchase.

Question: After I inflated it, the bag still looks a bit deformed. It doesn't have a well rounded pear shape like the rest of them and the neck is a bit off kilter. When I hit it it feels a little off balance (that could just be me and my inexperience though). Is this normal for a new bag of this size? Will it round itself out over the next few days?

Also, the seams look, well, "unfinished" would be a good word. Is this because it is not leather?
    ________
    Herbalaire Vaporizer
    Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM.
  • ssdvc
    • Oct 2010

Anyone?
    ________
    Roll A Joint
    Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah ssdvc, if it looks totally "out of wack", and is noticeably lopsided to the point where you "don't" get a consistant rebound, you could just have a defective bag. I've had to sent an everlast bag or two back because of this. Tim , Alan or some of the other forum members could probably give you some further imput as they've been baggin longer than myself. But yes, it should hit and rebound consistantly from any part of the bag. You should have gotten a packaging slip with your order that gives you instructions on how to return it. There should be a return add. sticker. I think you can just leave it in your mailbox and the postman will take it for the return. Anyway, good luck.
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ssdvc View Post
        Got my XS Title Atomic like three days after I order it. Damn quick shipping ! Thanks!

I pulled it out today and inflated it to 4 psi. For the brief few minutes I had it up, that bag is really fast ! It will take a bit of time to get used to it, but I am glad I made the purchase.

Question: After I inflated it, the bag still looks a bit deformed. It doesn't have a well rounded pear shape like the rest of them and the neck is a bit off kilter. When I hit it it feels a little off balance (that could just be me and my inexperience though). Is this normal for a new bag of this size? Will it round itself out over the next few days?

Also, the seams look, well, "unfinished" would be a good word. Is this because it is not leather?
        Can you post a pic? Mine came looking exactly like what is on the website... Are you saying your is very different?

If it is crazy lopsided I'd return it... If it's just a little bit it won't matter. Post a pic, well let you know

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

I got both sizes, and both are perfectly shaped.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

I got the XXS and it is tiny and fast I enjoy it about once a week

Comment

• SpeedKilz
              • Dec 2009

I have an an XS that I haven't noticed any issues with. Can't say it's "perfect" as far as shape and protruding seems but it hits fine.

Comment

• ssdvc
                • Oct 2010

These are pictures of the four sides of my bag. Perhaps I need better ones, but notice the "frayed" seams AND the odd shape. Should I send it back?

________
                Lolli
                Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• ssdvc
                  • Oct 2010

The third picture shows the curve in the bag better. The small one does to, but it is too small a picture to see it.
                  ________
                  WildKinkyTS69 live
                  Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

My Title PRO MEX bags looked like the weren't going to been even shaped when I first aired them but once the wrinkles were worked out they are great. From your pictures what I think the fraying you are talking about looks like leather fibers which is no problem. Actually a sign that it is real leather. As long as the raised seams don't hurt your hands you're OK. I think Skunk shaved them down on a bag where they stuck out to far. I think your bag will be fine in seams and shape. Give it a good punching for a while and see how it turns out.

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Naaah... don't send it back. It'll be fine. That's the way mine look (seams and overall shape), and they hit great.

It looks a tiny bit lopsided, but that will have no real effect on practice. Just practice more with it.
                      Last edited by Tim; 12-11-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• ssdvc
                        • Oct 2010

OK, I am keeping it. Hopefully I can get better and control it better. It is a nice, although lopsided, bag. Cheers.
                        ________
                        Portable Vaporizers
                        Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ssdvc View Post
                          OK, I am keeping it. Hopefully I can get better and control it better. It is a nice, although lopsided, bag. Cheers.
                          Sounds like one of my grand kids. She was born a bit lopsided, leaned to the left and crawled in a circle. Eventually she got better and easier to control but it took a few years.

Your bag will be just fine.
                          Attached Files
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
                            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

LOL.....That is very funny
                            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Sounds like one of my grand kids. She was born a bit lopsided, leaned to the left and crawled in a circle. Eventually she got better and easier to control but it took a few years.

Your bag will be just fine.
                            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...