• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Originally posted by baggins View Post
    Hey Fingers. Finally got my Cletus bag, from Suger-Rays. I ordered a red, got a black with blue laces It is, like the Lonsdale, a bag of superior craftmanship. But the Lonsdale authentic peanut remains my favorit. I, however, am looking forward to get to know the mexican better. It is a bit more sluggish and slightly harder than the Brit. Can this be an advantage in some situations?
    Hey Baggins! the black Cleto is a nice looking bag! i keep mine pumped at between 3,1/2 and 4 psi i find this is the ideal and the bag performs to its max (well my max anyway!!) i got a ball pressure gauge from sugar rays, well worth the effort!

Comment

• SpeedKilz
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
      Ok, here are some pics for you guys.
      What size is that Everlast bag listed at? Anyone else have it? Hit and feel any where near comparable to their soon to be vintage 4x6?

Comment

• Avadia
        • Nov 2010

MrsMitts, I still haven't had a chance to hit on the Peanut Ball. But I plan to try it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how I make out.

Speedkilz, that is the Everlast Elite Leather Speed Bag in a Medium Size (It is basically 6"x9"). It rebounds well and I really enjoy hitting it, but the quality of leather is poor and it cracks badly. Mine started cracking the first week or two I had it, and I have read numerous reports of the same from others. I also got the same bag in a larger size, and it is oblong to the point of being unusable. Very disappointed with the quality from everlast.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
          • Dec 2009

My everlast pro 6x4 cracked to hell the first time I hit it. I was also disappointed in the craftsmanship.

Comment

• Avadia
            • Nov 2010

Yeah, it certainly doesn't lend itself to customer loyalty, when there are so many other companies out there making high quality bags. I don't intend to buy another Everlast anytime soon.

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
              My everlast pro 6x4 cracked to hell the first time I hit it. I was also disappointed in the craftsmanship.
              I like the feel of that bag. Wish they would upgrade the leather.
              Last edited by paranday; 11-25-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Thanks! That helps put things in perspective

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                So many bags, so little time (and $)
                If one more box from the UPS man shows up with a speed bag in it, my wife is going to go bonkers. I may have to start getting them shipped to the office :P

MrsMitts, I still haven't had a chance to hit on the Peanut Ball. But I plan to try it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how I make out.

Speedkilz, that is the Everlast Elite Leather Speed Bag in a Medium Size (It is basically 6"x9"). It rebounds well and I really enjoy hitting it, but the quality of leather is poor and it cracks badly. Mine started cracking the first week or two I had it, and I have read numerous reports of the same from others. I also got the same bag in a larger size, and it is oblong to the point of being unusable. Very disappointed with the quality from everlast.
                We gave away a bunch of these at SPEED B.A.G. 2010, I wonder how they've held up... I have one but I don't hit it too often.

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
                Same here. That said it works fine, just looks a bit rough.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I've got two of the Te:M and one of the Ta:M which is same size. The quality of the leather appears to be different on some panels as they crack or bulge out. I've used a bigger size of the same bag in a couple gyms and they did the same thing. Although the bladders on the bigger ones didn't have leaking problems. Mine developed pin holes in the bladders on top under the tongue. I think maybe metal shavings from the swivel that grids thru the rubber. The Ta:M and Ta:L get little cracks that appear to be just weak spots in the vulcanized rubber. I'm getting a regular size rubber bladder from Title to try in the Te. Unfortunately the only thing carried in stores here is Everlast so I've jumped on the internet shopping band wagon and ordered a couple Title bags. $25 each that Tim pointed out in another post.

Comment

• Avadia
                    • Nov 2010

Finally hit the Peanut Ball today

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    So Avadia, how did you get on with the peanut ball??
                    Ok, I finally had a chance to hit the Peanut Ball this morning, and compared it directly to the larger Authentic Ball and the Title yellow 5x8. And what I found was very interesting.

The Peanut Ball actually feels more like the Authentic Ball than it does the Title. Both Lonsdales are very fast for their size and weight, but they also feel like they have some heft to them when you punch them. The Peanut ball is a full inch taller than the Title ball and looks much bigger when you hold them up side by side. It is only 6/10 of an ounce heavier, but it feels like much more mass when you are hitting it. The Peanut Ball just feels solid when you hit it, while the yellow Title feels like you are hitting a balloon. It feels really light compared to the feel of the Lonsdales. But the odd thing is that the Lonsdales feel just as quick if not quicker on the rebound. They are just really fast for their size and weight.

I was able to keep up with the Peanut Ball pretty well, but still have a slightly easier time maintaining rhythm with the larger Authentic Speedball. At this point, I really prefer the feel of the Lonsdales to the yellow Title. But then, take that with a grain of salt as I am a beginner. I am curious if anyone else has compared the Lonsdale Authentic Peanut with the yellow Title and has a similar impression.
                    Last edited by Avadia; 11-26-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Feb 2010

Thanks for the detailed update Avadia. It all sounds good. The yellow Title bag is one that I fancied trying out as quite a few forum users seem to like it. But living in the UK, it's difficult getting hold of a good range of speed balls. At least we do have the Lonsdales! I'm really happy with my Lonsdale peanut, but now of course I'm curious to try out the slightly bigger size!

You've got a quality collection of speedbags there, a great start.

One day I also want to hit on the Title bags to see what they're like, including the silver/black Atomic XS that Tim has reviewed. Will have to wait till I get to a speedbag event, here's hoping!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great pics! Great looking bag area!!!!
                        ONWARD WE BAG!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...