X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avadia
    • Nov 2010

My Lonsdale bags arrived today

Big Kudos to Sugarrays! I got my Lonsdale bags today after ordering them only last Wednesday!!! I think those bags got here quicker from the UK than my Title bags shipped from here in the US.

All I can say is, these Lonsdale's are SWEET! I got the Authentic Speedball and the Authentic Peanut Ball. So far, I have only hit on the larger one. What a piece of craftsmanship!! Beautiful leather, perfectly sewn, with a lot of attention to detail. The leather is soft and the bag feels very lightweight for its size. And it is way fast for its size as well. Definitely feels faster than my Title bags. The size seems to be somewhere between my Title 7x10 and 8x11, but it rebounds faster than both of them. It is keeping me on my toes just trying to keep up with it.

The Lonsdale Authentic is very pleasing to the eye, with a classic teardrop shape that is long and narrow in the neck. The leather is impeccable. It is an eight panel bag, rather than six panel like the Title bags. And it really does seem to have a much truer bounce than the Titles. By that, I mean a very slight change in fist trajectory produces a slight but distinctly different angle of bounce, which I just don't notice happening with the Title bags.

It also does a much better job on the U-bolt swivel for side punches. It doesn't seem to climb up the swivel like the Title bags. This bag is an instant favorite. And it is fast enough that I am scared to even try the Peanut Ball! (That won't last long, of course)

I will post pictures and some detailed measurements a little later when I have some more time. For everyone's info, it cost me 100 pounds total for both bags plus shipping (which translates to about $160). And it got here in less than a week. No customs charges, which surprised me.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Wow. lucky you! I know they look really good from the pics and all. Its amazing how much more "pleasing" it is to get the good stuff. I would rather have a little good stuff than alot of crap! I yet have decided on a high end bag. But thats gonna be my next purchase when i decide to treat myself!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

Thanks, JC. Yeah, it does make a difference when you work with quality equipment. In the past two months, I have gone from a rickety platform on a heavy bag stand with a lopsided everlast bag to a solid wall-mount platform with these Lonsdale and Title bags. Big difference!

Definitely you should put these Lonsdales on your short list. I think you would appreciate their quality of construction.

I had some time to make some measurements of my various bags tonight, so here they are for those who are interested:

Everlast TE:M: 9 3/8" x 5 1/2" bag with a 1" loop; 6.3 oz.

Title 8x11: 10 1/8" x 7 1/2" bag with a 1 1/2" loop; 9.4 oz.

Title 7x10: 8 7/8" x 7" bag with a 3/4" loop; 8.5 oz.

Title 5x8: 7 5/8" x 5 3/4" bag with a 3/4" loop; 5.5 oz.

Lonsdale Authentic Speedball: 10 1/8" x 6 3/8" bag with a 3/4" loop; 6.6 oz.

Lonsdale Authentic Peanut Ball: 8 1/2" x 6 1/8" bag with a 3/4" loop; 6.1 oz.

So as you can see, the Lonsdale Authentic is about as tall as the Title 8x11, (but with a much shorter loop) although it is smaller in diameter than even the 7x10. Tellingly, it weighs almost a third less than the 8x11, almost 2 oz. less than the 7x10, and only 1 oz. more than the 5x8! So it is a taller, skinnier bag (but still with a nice teardrop shape) that is very light for its size. I guess it should be no surprise that it has such good rebound and is so fast for its size. The leather is also very soft compared to the Titles, and the craftsmanship is a step above.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Avadia; 11-23-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
        ...The leather is also very soft compared to the Titles, and the craftsmanship is a step above.
        Those words are a pretty solid endorsement of Lonsdale. That peanut bag has been wanting to follow me home for some time now.

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

yea i would LOVE to get a peanut bag. I also want a ringside bag.
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

Sounds like you're really happy with the Lonsdales -now, it's not just me raving about them!

Happy Bagging!
            Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
              Sounds like you're really happy with the Lonsdales -now, it's not just me raving about them!
              Mrs. Mitts, so that bag is embossed and embroidered? Lonsdale do it differently!

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Yep have to agree!! i have both bags Lonsdale rules!

Comment

• baggins
                  • Oct 2010

Hey Fingers. Finally got my Cletus bag, from Suger-Rays. I ordered a red, got a black with blue laces It is, like the Lonsdale, a bag of superior craftmanship. But the Lonsdale authentic peanut remains my favorit. I, however, am looking forward to get to know the mexican better. It is a bit more sluggish and slightly harder than the Brit. Can this be an advantage in some situations?

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
                    I had some time to make some measurements of my various bags tonight, so here they are for those who are interested:

Everlast TE:M: 9 3/8" x 5 1/2" bag with a 1" loop; 6.3 oz.

Title 8x11: 10 1/8" x 7 1/2" bag with a 1 1/2" loop; 9.4 oz.

Title 7x10: 8 7/8" x 7" bag with a 3/4" loop; 8.5 oz.

Title 5x8: 7 5/8" x 5 3/4" bag with a 3/4" loop; 5.5 oz.

Lonsdale Authentic Speedball: 10 1/8" x 6 3/8" bag with a 3/4" loop; 6.6 oz.

Lonsdale Authentic Peanut Ball: 8 1/2" x 6 1/8" bag with a 3/4" loop; 6.1 oz.
                    Thanks for the info! Any chance you can post a "Line up" pic of all these bags? That would give a nice visual comparison ...

Comment

• Avadia
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post

Happy Bagging!
                      That's right, Mrs. Mitts. They made a believer out of me. I am loving them. And yes, Paranday, they are embroidered on two sides of the bag and embossed on one. I also like how they do their laces, with the ends stuffed down into the bag so they can't come untied. Very nice bags.

I am going to have to put the Peanut bag on tonight and hit with it some. I have been enjoying the larger bag so much, I haven't tried it yet. The larger bag is only a half ounce more than the peanut, and it is pretty fast.

I am curious if anyone has ever hit the Lonsdale ultra-pro ten panel speedball. That one looks like a nice one too.

Comment

• Avadia
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Thanks for the info! Any chance you can post a "Line up" pic of all these bags? That would give a nice visual comparison ...
                        Yes, Tim. I do plan to do that. I may be able to do it later tonight.

Comment

• Avadia
                          • Nov 2010

Ok, here are some pics for you guys.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                            yea i would LOVE to get a peanut bag. I also want a ringside bag.
                            So many bags, so little time (and $)
                            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                              So many bags, so little time (and $)
                              So true!

So Avadia, how did you get on with the peanut ball??

Those pictures were really helpful, with all the bags lined up. It clearly shows the difference in shape between the Lonsdale authentic speedball and Lonsdale authentic peanut ball. Sugar Rays are guilty of not taking care with their website images. The Adidas speedball pics are incorrect and the Lonsdale authentic balls look the same until you click further on the listing.
                              If anyone else is tempted another supplier that ships to the US is

They have the peanut ball a few pounds cheaper than Sugar Rays, might be worth comparing shipping costs too. I haven't used this store but I'm tempted to get the hook and jab pads from the Lonsdale Authentic range from here.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...