X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

no prob tim. I got you down for 1 cause i am definately gonna run another batch. I have a few ideas for the second batch. Cant say the next batch will be "better"....just maybe a little different. There's not a whole lot that can be changed as far as design that i can think of. I was thinking of making some with a smaller ball and housing for smaller style bags. the problem there is the smaller thru hole in the housing would make for less movement cause the eyebolt would hit much sooner. then the rest of the bag swing would rely on the pivot point of the S hook and eyebolt joint. to compensate i could use a smaller diameter eyebolt. then reliability would be an issue cause the smaller eyebolt would not be as strong and probably would wear out much quicker. who knows...lol. I will probably end up making all kinds of different styles and let the people decide which is best
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

The metal shavings problem where the eye hook / s hook joins. Have you found a solution to this? Are eye hooks available in different grades?

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        The metal shavings problem where the eye hook / s hook joins. Have you found a solution to this? Are eye hooks available in different grades?
        Here's the nitty gritty on eyehooks/s hooks as i know and have studied. they are all pretty much made and then zink plated for appearance and rust. Now thats good for general use. I am bending my own S hooks from zink plated round stock. Stainless would be an option. but not sure how stainless bends and not all materials can be cold formed (i found this out through trial and error). Just to get an eyebolt with 1/4-20 threads WITH A SMALLER ID...3/8" took alot of research. Even then they have to be cut to length. If the only problem is light chipping of zink plating from the eye and S hook then thats not to bad. Now as far as the chrome plating on the housings. I can only imagine this to chip a little also. The answer to the problem is to get them black oxide coated. they will not chip....but maybe the black oxide will wear where the eyebolt strikes the housing and in that area it would turn shiny. no big deal though. you would just have a black colored steel housing instead of a shiny machined finish...or chrome finish. my next batch i am gonna black oxide them....its half costly as triple chrome plating. i would never zink plate a housing i make because its cheap crap. my biggest concern is heat treating of the housings. i haven't spent 100 hrs on the swivel i designed. i dont want them to "wear out". depending on the feedback i get from these and my own personal use i may in the future have to consider case hardening these. but i am only thinking if the plastic housing stands up to the punishment of the eyebolt hitting it....wouldnt steel hold up as well or better?????? only punishment will tell

Bag on!
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

one final note. the S hooks i made are not much shorter than whats already out there. If they are its not by much. for that i apoligize. with the metal bender i have its absolutely impossible to set it up for a shorter hook. i dont wanna "false advertise" this situation. not sure if its an issue to anybody or not....just wanted to clarify this! the total arc from board to bag loop IS shorter than the everlast plastic setup. its pretty close to a chainlink as far as arc is concerned.
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• RenoRattler
            • Sep 2009

Can we still get in on the order???

I'm in for at least one if I can....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...