• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Final swivel product

Ok...here's a run down of the final product. One thing i havent discussed is price. The more i worked on these i realized i cant compete with the watkins on price. For that i personally apoligize. I was hoping to stay around the $30 dollar range....but with the added time it took to make these i gotta ask $40 (forum members only). Shipping will be extra.....but i think i can flat rate ship these anywhere in the continental US for like $5. Let me check on that for sure though. If i would of gotten these coated the price would bump up. What are your thoughts? One last note..... MADE IN THE USA
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 11-20-2010, 02:25 AM.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey JC, Looks like you put some serious thought and effort into putting this swivel together. You did'nt miss a trick regarding every aspect of this swiv. As you mentioned, redesigning the "one piece" housing into two for manufacturing purposes wouldn't seem to effect its function one way or the other and would save you having to remove to total housing if having to change out the ball/hook. Those swivels would blow away the Watkins in quality and might eliminate shavings (not sure if come off the housing or the hook material). Very cool! Thanks for the Effort. Necessity is the mother of invention. Bag On Bro!!!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

Beautiful work, JC. I think the price is quite reasonable given the amount of work you put into these. Handcrafted in the USA merits a price premium in my book!

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

The price is not a problem. Not at all.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
          Hey JC, Looks like you put some serious thought and effort into putting this swivel together. You did'nt miss a trick regarding every aspect of this swiv. As you mentioned, redesigning the "one piece" housing into two for manufacturing purposes wouldn't seem to effect its function one way or the other and would save you having to remove to total housing if having to change out the ball/hook. Those swivels would blow away the Watkins in quality and might eliminate shavings (not sure if come off the housing or the hook material). Very cool! Thanks for the Effort. Necessity is the mother of invention. Bag On Bro!!!
          Well i am not sure if i am gonna make the 2 piece housing threaded. I may machine a flange on the hub and when it drops into the large flange in will seat in a matching machined pocket. Then when its bolted to the board it will secure the center hub tightly. Because if I thread them they will need a knurled finish. And thats added machining time. Labor is my killer since i already have a full time job
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Hey JC, I haven't been on the forum lately but man I'm impressed with the swivel. I'll submit an order by email so you. I wanna try out the new swivel. Looks like a grade "A" top shelf product and thanks for the info you provided on video!
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Hey JC, I haven't been on the forum lately but man I'm impressed with the swivel. I'll submit an order by email so you. I wanna try out the new swivel. Looks like a grade "A" top shelf product and thanks for the info you provided on video!
              Thaks for the compliment Nova! Your swivel is ordered!
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Your swivel makes the Watkins look like a "piker." Great job, JC. As TJ said, if you do go with a two piece unit it would be easier to access the ball. Nonetheless, it looks fantastic.

Comment

• jimcaher
                  • Feb 2010

Jump,
                  Nice work. Would it make any sense to you to make up a bunch of balls. Compatibility with the hook from the plastic base would be wonderfull since I have a bunch or them. Do your balls fit smoothly in the plastic base?

I'd gladly sign on for 5 balls if you were interested.

Jim

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Your swivel makes the Watkins look like a "piker." Great job, JC. As TJ said, if you do go with a two piece unit it would be easier to access the ball. Nonetheless, it looks fantastic.
                    Thanks again Biff. I hope these satisfy.....if not i will do what i gotta do to make it right!
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• StevieMac
                      • Oct 2010

Outstanding work JC!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                        Jump,
                        Nice work. Would it make any sense to you to make up a bunch of balls. Compatibility with the hook from the plastic base would be wonderfull since I have a bunch or them. Do your balls fit smoothly in the plastic base?

I'd gladly sign on for 5 balls if you were interested.

Jim
                        Yes these are compatible with the plastic housing. Let me run the balls to see how much time they're gonna take so i can quote a price. I will try to make em tomorrow...so check your private messages and i will let ya know! Thanks!
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

WOW!! Man that looks B-U-Tea-Ful! amazing quality and production value. It is definitely worth the money, especially for the die hard ballhook crowd. I need three for my three boards up. Hopefully I'll get to use them soon.

Super Post, thanks.
                          Last edited by Speedbag; 11-21-2010, 03:16 AM.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            WOW!! Man that looks B-U-Tea-Ful! amazing quality and production value. It is definitely worth the money, especially for the die hard ballhook crowd. I need three for my three boards up. Hopefully I'll get to use them soon.

Super Post, thanks.
                            Thank for the compliment Alan. I got your order down!
                            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post

Ok...here's a run down of the final product. One thing i havent discussed is price. The more i worked on these i realized i cant compete with the watkins on price. For that i personally apoligize. I was hoping to stay around the $30 dollar range....but with the added time it took to make these i gotta ask $40 (forum members only). Shipping will be extra.....but i think i can flat rate ship these anywhere in the continental US for like $5. Let me check on that for sure though. If i would of gotten these coated the price would bump up. What are your thoughts? One last note..... MADE IN THE USA
                              Looks beautiful. People like you keep the hard core baggin' spirit alive. Heck, you haven't been able to buy a retail metal ball hook for almost 3 years now. I'm down to 2 functional metal ones. I've got no problem paying $40 + shipping, just let me know how you want payment and when you are ready to ship. If you are gonna do a 2nd batch maybe I'll go with one of the originals, then another of the 2nd batch?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...