X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Title (8X5) or Pro-Mex (8X5)

I am looking to buy another bag from Title Boxing because they have quality bags. I am new to speed baggin. I have the 9X6 Gyro Balanced Bag and I like it. Which is the faster speed bag? Is it the Title (8X5) Yellow Bag or the Pro-Mex (8X5) Gold Bag?
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Well I got a Title Pro Mex 8 X 5 today and at first inspection it is much smaller than the Title yellow 8 X 5 I put it on a chainlink swivel to give it a go and I must say it is FAST...lol...after about a minute I had a good run going triplet and I think this will be a good part of my workout. I currently do 5 three minute rounds on the yellow title 8 X5 traditional triplet, then 5 three minute rounds on the tuf wear 9 X 6 traditional triplet followed by at least 5 three minute rounds of front and back punch combinations as I get better at the combinations I add more. I then put on the bag gloves and do my heavy bag, double end bag shadow box and other boxing work.
    This is from a previous post. I personally never hit on a title...but i know a few guys on here (aad, speedkilz, myself have hit a promex). I really like the promex. You wont be dissapionted with it if you get one. Personally i am liking the everlast pro 6x4 now. I thought it would be "hard" to hit on cause of the dimensions...but actually i hit better on it. Its same length as my promex 8x5, but just not as rounded. And its definately faster if speed is your main decider. But i have never heard a problem with a title bag either. Maybe these guys on here with more experience know for sure. LOL....get em all
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Allentown
      • Oct 2010

Jumpcannon

Thanks for the input. I do have a Everlast Red 4X6 and it is fast. My fastest is the Ultimate Classic (Ringside) 6X9. I am going to purchase the Pro-Mex (8X5) and try it out.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
        I am looking to buy another bag from Title Boxing because they have quality bags. I am new to speed baggin. I have the 9X6 Gyro Balanced Bag and I like it. Which is the faster speed bag? Is it the Title (8X5) Yellow Bag or the Pro-Mex (8X5) Gold Bag?
        There's a bit of relativity in that question, because the perception of bag speed is still subject to personal opinion. I personally have all three,

The 9X6 Gyro Balanced Bag
        The Title (8X5) Yellow Bag or the
        The Pro-Mex (8X5) Gold Bag

and like all three a lot. The pro-mex feels a bit heavier on my hands but has a nice bag loop and sweet rounder shape. The Gyro (8x5) and Yellow Title 8x5 are a bit more tear drop shaped (fatter bottom area) and lighter, with very nice action. For me I would probably rate the Pro-mex last because the belly is a bit high on the bag, and my hands tend to slip a bit on it when trying to make a jump to ward speed. The bottom of the bag tends to drop off in more of a slope than the others, and it seems mis-hits are more likely to "slip" down the leather because that area is a bit under the belly. On the other two bags the belly area is a bit lower and the bag bottom is flatter, which for me makes "straight in" Punching and single or double fist iinking a bit easier. I just prefer to hit a speed bag more toward the bottom which leaves less bag material to interfer with the hand(s) as it passes "through the bag". When a bag has a more tapered bottom and you hit higher on the bag it feels to me like I have to "duck under" a bit to get behind. I'm only talking and inch or less distance, but when hitting to music at high speed of full out, I need every advantage I can get and hands slipping on the bag surface can kill your repetitiveness and consistency. Actually it does that if you hit to music or not.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
          I just got a Promex 5x8 yesterday. It's a nice bag. It is noticably smaller than the Title 8x5. It's almost as wide (just a hair less than the Title), but it's about an inch shorter in length. It's a nice bag, it's lighter and the rebound isn't quite as good as the Title but it's very fast. I think the Title bag would be the one to graduate to (after the 9x6). It's nicely balanced with great rebound and as I mentioned is a bit wider at the belly. The Promex would be a nice addition eventually. It requires a little more accuracy, speed and power to really keep it going at a fast pace. Hope this helped.
          Last edited by TJ_MaTee; 10-23-2010, 02:26 PM.
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...