X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Lonsdale Speed Bag

Has anyone tried the Lonsdale speed bag (8X5) from Ringside products?
    What are reviews on this speed bag? It looks like a high quality speed bag.
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

I don't own one, I know aad03 has one and Spinsmashpop also. I heard they're a bit sluggish compared to many of the other 8x5's. Best to get it from the horses mouth though.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
      I don't own one, I know aad03 has one and Spinsmashpop also. I heard they're a bit sluggish compared to many of the other 8x5's. Best to get it from the horses mouth though.
      True on Both counts.

Yes Spin has one. hanging in his garage set up.
      Yes it is sluggish. I hit it, didin't like it, put it back.

Mind you I didn't get a lot of time on it. Just curious to it's feel and action. Within a few minutes I'd had enough. To me it was a bit boring - nothing special. But every bag has it's own personality and others may differ. There are too many good bags out there for me to quibble with that one.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

The quality is very good, and it looks nice, but, yeah, a bit sluggish compared to other bags. Better bags can be had for less money. Ringside's own bag is very good.

SSP's Lonsdale was stolen with the rest of his gear, he didn't seem too crazy about it, so I doubt he's replaced it.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          True on Both counts.

Yes Spin has one. hanging in his garage set up.
          Yes it is sluggish. I hit it, didin't like it, put it back.

Mind you I didn't get a lot of time on it. Just curious to it's feel and action. Within a few minutes I'd had enough. To me it was a bit boring - nothing special. But every bag has it's own personality and others may differ. There are too many good bags out there for me to quibble with that one.
          It is in my garage... I love the way it looks! And it feels real nice... but yes, it is sluggish ... so I use it only for the challenge of working some punches and combos with more force.....Like Alan said, each bag has its own personality... I love the way it looks but I don't use too much....

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
          The quality is very good, and it looks nice, but, yeah, a bit sluggish compared to other bags. Better bags can be had for less money. Ringside's own bag is very good.

SSP's Lonsdale was stolen with the rest of his gear, he didn't seem too crazy about it, so I doubt he's replaced it.
          The Lonsdale wasn't stolen as I left it at home.... The stuff stolen was the day or so after the convention in NJ from the garage of my parents beach house they rented.... I had those awesome Title Atomic bags and they are gone... I got to get some more... a total of about 12 bags and a few swivs are gone...
          And last year in NYC on the Foreigner tour, someone took my bag of bags out of the equipment truck... it just sat there and ultimately someone swiped it ... that was about 8 bags and a couple swivs...
          Bummer! about 20 bags and 5 swivs! that's about 800 or so bucks gone!
          Ahhhh... but I still have a bunch.. just my faves are gone..
          But still we must ... BAG ON.....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...