X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAsianBagger
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
    I almost asked what country you are from until I looked at your profile. You can't come to America at 17 by yourself? I'm thinking that with a sponsor you should be able to. At what age can you come down? I see you won't be 18 till Aug next year, if that is the age. Speed bag 2011 is going to be in June in New Jersey, Per Tim. It would be great If you could make it. I knew a guy in Turkey that wanted to go to work in Texas but they never got it worked out, I can't recall why. I would think it would be easier for just a short visit. If you want to try, let us know what you find out.
    yeh im pretty sure im nto supposed to go across the border alon until im 18... cause i think im not allowed to travel internationaly until im 18...
    i do live in the most souther city in canada though, lol some of the US is actualy above me
    but maybe next year!

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
      You're correct JC. I wasn't paying attention to detail as the drill sargeants used to put it. I have the one that only comes in 2 sizes and they are both red. It is the Classic 5x8. I'm pretty sure I'm going to add that 6x9 to the collection real soon along with the a Title Pro or EZ Pro swivel. But my intentions for the swivel will be to costumize it into a ball hook Swivel. I ordered a Watkins Swivel from boxing gear but it's been on back order for 2 months. Keep on Baggin JC!
      Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
      I have had a watkins on order since the day i started...July 6th. I called and they said BACK ORDER! So i luckily found an all metal one at a used sporting goods store. lucky me! Take a look at the cleto reyes swivel...I think its a K500. Looks really nice and probably super fast. U-bolt style with a chain link. Its on the cleto website. Not sure how to get one though. I am lookin into a few bag myself. not sure what you know about promex. but i can tell you they are superb quality. and everyone i talked to that hits one say its their favorite over any other bag (just a suggestion). I sorta want a 9x6 for the heck of it. I am guessing it will have a tad bit larger sweet spot and still be small enough to rip it up without getting rebounded in the face. LOL.
      Well guys, they've been on BACK ORDER much longer than that. Check out this thread and specifically my last post.

I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt, but just let me know when your swivels finally arrive.

To re-iterate, no problem with the Watkins swivel, but I'll never deal with the Fitness-Equipment.com company again.

EDIT: Sorry Tim, after I hit submit, I realized this post was in the "About This Forum and its People" thread. Probably not the place for me to post this opinion, but I AM curious to know if these two members will ever receive their order.
      Last edited by Biff; 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

lol. I am sure we wont recieve these orders. I dont care cause i found me an all metal ball hook!
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
          Speed bag 2011 is going to be in June in New Jersey, Per Tim.
          Yes Jun 16-19 (4 DAYS!) at Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ. Official announcement coming soon,but it's a lock as far as dates and location.

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
          Tim really has been (and continues to be) an awesome individual, and there are definitely MANY other really good people here.
          Thanks!
          But Alan, I'm pretty sure we all think you're exceptional. You'll just have to deal with that. Sorry!
          Haha, well put. He's exceptionally humble as well.

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
          This is the first forum I've ever joined also. In fact I never posted a pic or video on the web until I did here.
          Ditto for me

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
          Stay Tuned for my next post which features the xxs Atomic Title bag! It's Tiny but light so you can fly with linking and double punches going through the bag and back!
          Looking forward to that!

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
          I have had a watkins on order since the day i started...July 6th. I called and they said BACK ORDER!
          Hmmm.. no surpises there. That's been their M.O. for quite some time.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          EDIT: Sorry Tim, after I hit submit, I realized this post was in the "About This Forum and its People" thread. Probably not the place for me to post this opinion, but I AM curious to know if these two members will ever receive their order.
          No problem at all Biff, it's good to look out for our friends.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by TheAsianBagger View Post
            yeh im pretty sure im nto supposed to go across the border alon until im 18... cause i think im not allowed to travel internationaly until im 18...
            i do live in the most souther city in canada though, lol some of the US is actualy above me
            but maybe next year!
            AsianBagger, check into if you can get in with a sponsor. New Jersey may be as close to Canada as the speed bag meetings will get. I've heard of underage kids from here sneaking into Canada to get beer, guess it's easier for us. So what state are you near to? I see where the border isn't straight so some of the states would be farther north, just not something you think of. I've been to Alaska so I was farther north than a lot of Canadians. I was also in Hawaii and traveled to Japan, Korea, Philippines, Guam and places in between so I've meet a few Asian folks. Hope you can work out coming down. June is when we met last and it seems like forever until next June so waiting until Speedbag 2012 is a long ways off.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...